Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cars that fit 3 car seats?

Hello all, I was just wondering what cars people with 3 kids have? We're expecting our third bubs in June and will need a car that fits a baby seat, group 1 forward facing seat and a high backed booster, all ideally with isofix although the booster can work with just the seatbelt if necessary. Current shortlisted includes the ford smax, Toyota verso and Renault scenic (although I'm not totally sure of the scenic's middle seat is full sized?) Anyway, any advice, experiences or tips much appreciated image

Replies

• Options

We have the 7seat Ford Grand C-Max which comfortably seats our 2girls in their carseats & me in the middle of them.  You have the option of folding away the middle seat to allow access to the rear seats (though the rear aren't isofix).

Vauxhall Zaffira is another car I know friends use with familys of 6 & 7.

• Options
    Thanks Kazzie! Do you think you'd get a high backed booster seat or booster cushion in your middle seat?
  • Options

It will largely come down to the models you have as all car seats vary in shape/size.  It would be a snug fit but is theoretically possible with the right choice of car seat.

• Options
    We've just bought a Peugeot 807 7 seater, it has three full seats in the middle and two full seats in the back, all are isofix except the middle seat in the middle (if that makes sense lol) It was a toss up between this and an s max, reason we chose the peugeot was for the electric sliding doors, I can park pretty much anywhere now and I'm guaranteed to have enough room to get the kids in and out. Xx
  • Options
    Some good suggestions here. I am so worried about this. Our baby car seat fits between my boys boosters and backs. Just. Will be a juggle to do all the belts up. We have a vauxaull vectra estate. We only got it in Sept and hubby reluctant to change car again. Can't really afford to Tbh image normally it is just me and boys so can pop Ds1 in the front. But it is our family car.sigh. Got bitof time to talk hubby round! I did read that if 3 seats do not fit in back if car 1 child over 3 can sit with just the adult belt. I am not comfortable doing this although Ds1 Will be 5 and is well over 110cm tall now. Oh the dilemmas lol. Xxx
  • Options
    We have a land rover defender (7 seater) that can fit two baby/toddler conversion seats + a booster seat across the middle row. The vw sharan/ford galaxy/seat alhambra (all the same car just a different badge) can just about squeeze 3 across depending on the childseat - the middle seat is narrow. And you need to make sure the mid one is a 3-point belt.

I think you'll struggle to get isofix across all 3 seats I have seen 3 seats go across the middle on the bigger peugots. Other option would be something like the vw transporter combi or caravelle though they are expensive even 2nd hand - at least around here cos of the surfer dude thing!. We've also got a merc vito that we are considering putting rear seats/windows in which is very easy to drive.

Verso - know nothing about it sorry! Smax - have friends who say good things about it.

I wouldn't personally go for the scenic - we looked at one and the middle seat is tiny - barely a seat at all imo.

If I were to change from my beloved landy I would go for an older 7 seat mercedes - built like a tank and still looks smart. Have car envy with one of the mums at school over it! Even tho its a good 10 years older than mine!
  • Options
    Once our baby seat was tried the seat belt wasn't long enough. So back to the drawing board. I have got a bubblebum inflatable booster seat for the middle when we got out as a family. Ds1 is wedged inbetween booster and back as well as large reward seat. When it is just me i have him on his normal booster and back in the front. We have used the inflatable booster once to seat my mum in the back with my boys. We defiantly aren't changing car. This works well and Ds1 loves the seat. Sorted. Mummy can relax till baby arrives now! image
  • Options
    I have the new ford galaxy Ghia and we love it and now we are expecting our 3rd so it's perfect xxxxx