Forum home General Chat General chat

Family take over

hi im expecting my first child in april i work 2 jobs and am 22 and i should be wanting to get items ready for little one but my family have completly started to take over, my mum told me that i needed to prove to her i can do this and with everyone doing stuff ( by stuff i mean preparing my room for my little one) i wouldnt mind the help and support but not to the extreme my family is doing what can i do or say without them hating for me telling them to back off ;-/

many thanks

Replies

• You need to sit her down n just tell her gently that u do appreciate support n of course u want them to be involved, but that u need to b allowed to do this by urself to a certain extent. And by the way u dont have to prove urself to anyone, u will b a great mum. I had my first at 22 and were on number 2 now x

• You don't need to prove yourself to anyone! I'm only 20 and gave birth to my first 5 days ago. Yeah I'd just let them know how you feel in a nice way and let then know you appreciate it and would love the help when you ask for it. Getting ready for a baby is a precious thing and decorating the room helps things to really set in. Your going to be a mummy congratulations!!!!!! Enjoy every moment of pregnancy and being a mum xxx