Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Christmas cards: do you send them any more?

Hello

We're hoping you can help us settle a bit of a difference of opinion in MFM HQ.

Some of us still send Christmas cards to our friends and relations; some of us just don't. But all of us think what we do is the norm!

So help us out, lovely people: tell us, do you send Christmas cards? And if so, who to? Everyone you know or just a select few?

Or maybe you don't send any cards? If that's you, why's that? Do you think it's an old-fashioned thing or no one under the age of 50 would do that anymore? Or are you just too busy? 

And does anyone send you Christmas cards any more?

Please do let us know!

Replies

• I LOVE sending Christmas cards, as do my DDs! I've been sending them ever since I was little and I am now pushing 30!

We make special cards for some members of the family/close friends and the kids do drawings inside and dictate messages for me to write too, as well as me adding a comedy/cute photo of them and a few lines about whats been happening.

I then buy cards for other friends and family (but I don't send them to EVERYONE! i don't think my wrist could take all that writing!) and my LOs choose the ones they want to send to their friends. My girls get so excited when they receive cards themselves and love putting them on display. image

Pretty much all my friends send cards, it is a lovely tradition but I can see how some people can be too busy! (I am usually up late writing them when my 3 are in bed and I've done all the house work which has resulted in some  mistakes..my most embarrassing being writing 'Merry Sh*tmas you big Pudding!' and scrawling a crude picture.. to my great Aunt..when it was meant for my sister! Eek! Luckily she found it funny!

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-surprised.gif

)

• I normally have mine written by November lol but this year been so busy with another kiddie plus working nights, that it's been an effort in itself just to help dd write cards to her friends. I haven't wrote a single card yet lol and probs won't bother! X

• I always send Christmas cards to my friends and relations, we live in a whirlwind world and spending a little time to write a few words in a card, is a way of saying we maybe busy but we do think of you at this special time of year. I also choose cards to suite the person. I agree it is a very time consuming Job but if you do like me, and allow yourself a few days to get them written, don't try to rush them all at once, I usually take a few hours over three or four days, I suggest buying stamps as and when you can afford them. I live in a village so like to use local businesses and of course our local post Office, go on make the effort you will find the rewards give you a very Merry Christmas .