Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pole-dancing with your newborn: what do you think?

Hello

We're wondering what you think about this pole-dancing teacher who's offering pole-dancing classes to new mums and suggesting they bring their babies along, too.

Anna Milosevic, from Pole Fit, is a former ballerina who's now running special pole-dancing classes for women who've recently had babies. The idea is that you work out on the poles while your baby sits or lies on cushions on the floor and watches. There are also toys and soft play equipment for older children.

"Having trained as a pole fitness instructor," says Anna, "I knew the benefits attached to pole dancing.

"The point is, you can come and get fit but you don’t have to get a babysitter, just bring your babies with you.

"I don’t teach the mums anything that you would see in a strip club. It’s harmless.”

What do you think? Is it no different to taking your baby along with you to a mother-and-baby film screening? Or does the the idea of pole-dancing while your baby watches somehow feel wrong?

Do please let us know by adding a post below.

Replies

• Well, as she says, she doesn't teach the mums any moves that would be seen in strip clubs so it would be more about the fitness aspect-balance, poise, etc. I don't really see the problem then, although the only thing is I don't think I would be able to focus on what I was doing with my little one there! I'd be constantly looking over to see they were ok!

• I do pole dancing classes and it's nothing like in a strip club. Anyone can wear sparkly undies and shake their bum round a pole but it takes real strength and coordination to do proper pole fitness. You don't have to bare loads of skin or wear heels, I wear shorts and a vest and go bare foot. It's also the most amazing workout I've had 4 hours of lessons and lost a stone and my bingo wings are dramatically shrinking! I have a portable pole and podium and use it infront of friends family and the kids. As long as it's done safely i don't see a problem with it Infact I'd recommend it to anyone as it's so much fun and really empowering x

• Am doing pole from last 2 years and believe me this is the best workout in the world. Yes, I agreed that pole dancing requires lots of flexibility and stamina but once go more deep in this you will discover that it is best dance form and exercise plan in the world.

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif

• I think its a great idea!