Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bleeding ???? TMI

On the 12 of jan I gave birth to a gorgeous lil girl who I named Isabella .. Anyway I was bleeding for 3weeks nd 4 day nd then it just stoped .. I don't know why nd I have been told by my doctor that's it ok but on the 4th of feb I started to bleed  again which I put down to being my PMS ... Its now the 1st of march nd I have been bleeding for 26 days .. Im starting to get worried as im not sure why I have been bleeding  for this many days ..

Every now nd then I have cramp nd get pain in my tummy but im not sure if its related to why I have been bleeding for so long

Any advice or suggestions on what it might be would be really appreciated ..

Replies

• Hiya, It's very normal to bleed after birth for quite some time - often this varies from person-to-person as to how long for. The pains you're feeling sounds like your uterus contracting and shrinking back down to its original prepregnancy size. The bleeding could just be your insides fixing themselves and getting back to normal post birth.

If you're breastfeeding you might not have a period for a while, but if you're bottle feeding, it can return as early as 6 weeks post birth.

I don't think you should worry too much as you've been to see your GP. As long as you're not in real bad pain, i'd say hang in there. Congrats on your little girl too! Pretty name.

• Hope you're feeling better x