Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sleep Over At Grandma & Grandad's House

It's been over a year since I've been out as my mum & step-dad couldn't manage the girls with Mia being a toddler and Ava being a baby. They stayed out 1st May last year.

Last night was a trial run (we are at a wedding next week so the girls are staying out) of the girls staying at my parents house and everything has gone great.

The girls have been behaving well and having fun. I got to go for a meal with Lee and watch a film. I even got a bucket load of house work done, study time in peace and a nice hour to get ready.

I'm so happy that everything has worked out and super grateful for the break even though I've missed the girls like mad. I feel incredibly lucky that I have Lee and he does so much with the girls but I was ready for a bit of time on my own. I go to the gym but usually when I get back from an hour out one of the girls is crying because I've gone out. No tears this time from them and I even got to chat to Mia on the phone (even though she hung up on me twice).

Hopefully to continue this good day I'm going to check my lottery result and have won something. I'm even getting this afternoon to go sofa shopping with Lee.

Replies

• Your children will be fine staying with their grandparents. They will probably want to do it more often. Grandparents seem to have more time to spend with the children than parents do, and the children will love all the attention.
    Enjoy your wedding and night of freedom next week!
  • Im sure your lil ones will really enjoy there stay wiv gran n grandad!
    hope u enjoy your freedom have a great time xx
  • Thanks. They came back home and seemed like they'd had an amazing time. I think they'll be looking forward to it even more this weekend. They also didn't get filled with a ton of chocolate which was nice. Lol. They used to come back on a sweets come down. Looking forward to this weekend and the added bonus that we still get a family weekend as its bank holiday monday. I didin't realise. My mum said about doing it once a month which will give everyone a bit of a change. x