Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

***thursday weightloss***

Well I thought it was Friday and weighed myself, so 2 off for me Laugh.

how are we all? Iv only managed to shred once! I got home late from work (I'm averaging 10000 steps at work every day but obviously that's not new exercise so I'm used to it), iv also got a shard of glass in the ball of my foot so any movement in it is sore Weep

working later have loads to do before I go in, 

b- yoghurt and oat bran

L - tuna, capers and crab sticks with a lemon dressing

t- chicken chasseur

Replies

• Morning CP, how did you get glass in your foot? Have you been dancing in nightclubs barefoot again? Only joking, hope you can get it removed quickly and its not so sore. Well done on the 2lb loss!!

AFM, had an ok day here, went to the supermarket last night after tea to avoid snacking and spent £90! No rubbish mind you, all healthy food, but can't do that every night, I mightget sskinny but we'd be bankrupt Laugh

Today's plan is b - toast and yogurt, l - soup, d - sausage casserole, s - fruit, and I'll maybe get my finger out and start exercising, been soooo lazy recently!! Off to work and mega busy so probably won't get on again, so hi to those coming on later xx

• Embarrassed I smashed a wine glass (drunk obv) in the kitchen, thought id got it all then a few days later began with intermittent pain it shoukd work its way out, its too small for an X-ray, so I'm stuck with it till it cones out Weep

dont be going to the supermarket when you hungry...recipie for disaster Laugh

• Morning CP, weekender and those yet to come.

After a week or so of p!ssing about I am back on it. Breakfast today is a banana, salad for lunch and then not sure yet for tea. Today was my original weigh day but I am changing it to Monday to disourage weekend nonsense. Hopefully will see a loss on Monday after putting on 1.5lbs last week.

CP - hope your foot is ok that sounds painful. Weekender I feel you pain re the shopping bill, it sure does mount up.

• Morning Ladies

cp - Well done on the 2lbs loss.

Weekender - Good idea to do something to avoid snacking.

AlsiT - Well done on getting back on it.  Its a good idea to weigh in on Monday instead of Friday.

AFM I've had a great week so far.  Feeling fit and healthy so hoping for a loss this week.  I'm at work today then off to the gym when I finish.  I was planning on getting up first thing this morning to shred but couldn't drag myself out of bed so will do it at the gym.

B - apple

L - Soup

D - jacket potato with tuna

• Sorry I've been a bit lax with the chart but I've been off work for a couple of weeks.  Here it is, tell me what needs updating. 

NAME

START WEIGHT

CURRENT WEIGHT

TARGET WEIGHT

LOSS TO DATE

AIM/COMMENTS

1stbaby

9st 13.8

9st 11.8

9st

2lbs

To reach target by H’s birthday in August

AlsiT

10st 11lbs

10st 6lbs

9st 11lbs

5lbs

Excellent first loss

• Morning ladies

Great to see it so busy and it's not even 9am!

Well done on the loss CP and well done Weekender & Ali for getting back on it!

We had a dirty dinner last night, H cooked a chilli but it was rank (will post separately) so we had to resort to a freezer dinner. We had a Chicago Town Sloppy Guiseppe stuff crust pizza, plus chip shop chips! I only had two slices and a handful of chips but still it was dirty!

Today I have yoghurt & tea for breakfast, lunch will be ramen and dinner is chicken wraps.

• Cp - well done on the 2 off.  Hope your foot gets better soon

Weekender - it's scary how much a food shop costs isn't it, and the fruit and veg is so expensive.  There's no incentive for the country to get fit, when it's cheaper to buy a pack of 4 mars bars than it is to buy 4 bananas

AlsiT - hope you get your loss

SW - well done on a good week, would you mind adding me to the chart please?

Belle - What is Ramen?  You've been really good all week so hopefully the dirty tea won't be too bad.

As for me, i'm tired, E had us awake at 3.30 this morning, and also i did my zumba class last night and i ache.  Roll on the weekend, I've got 3 lovely days off as it's E's birthday weekend.

Food wise today i'm eating

B - 2 slices of toast with low fat lurpack, big glass of squash

Snack - 2 malted milk & coffee

L - Tuna pasta Salad & Banana

D - Chicken breast, rice, corn on the cob

I've not had my slimming world voucher through yet, so it looks like i won't be going to my first class tonight, and i'll be waiting until next thursday to join my group.

• SW I'm 9st 12 at last weigh in Big Smile ETA - I've been told off by H and Nina I'm not to lose any more weight so not sure what to do about target?

Chids, Ramen is a spicy noodle soup - mainly broth with veg & noodles.

• Chids I've added you to the chart.

Belle, why don't you maintain for a bit and see how you get on with it.  Do you feel you need to lose anymore or are you happy now?

• I'd be happy with another few pound off but overall I'm well chuffed with where I am.

• Well if I were you I wouldn't stress, why don't you weigh yourself every couple of weeks instead of every week and don't be too strict with yourself.  You have done brilliantly and I'm well jel Laugh

• Aww thanks. I like weighing every week so I won't lose track but have definitely allowed myself treats this week.

• You've done brilliantly belle.  How long has it taken you to lose what you have?

Thanks SW

• Morning ladies. I am having a rubbish week overall I think but I blame it on it being our anniversary and going away at the weekend. I've eaten a fair amount of nonsense one way or another. I'm not sure I'm even going to bother weighing in tomorrow I might just ignore the scales this week. 

Did the second level of 6 week 6 pack this morning. It was hard going, not least because I found it hard to co-ordinate on some of the moves. I kept trying to twist the wrong way while holding a weight above my head which is probably not a good move Laugh Hopefully next time I'll be able to concentrate a bit more on actually doing the exercises. 

Well done on your loss CP - you've made a good start this month. Hope you get the shard of glass out soon. 

Everyone else sounds really positive. 

• chids

You've done brilliantly belle.  How long has it taken you to lose what you have?

Thanks SW

I started WW in July last year after being the heaviest I've ever been and feeling awful on holiday in Cyprus. I lost just under a stone in 7/8 weeks before we went to Spain. Gained a little then started my own healthy eating thing when I got back and ot to 10st by December. Gained again in December and have been back on in since beginning of Jan this year.

• Belle - I agree that you dont want to end up looking gaunt, but toning is the way to go and keep weighing in will keep you on the straight and narrow.

The thread is so busy already its great.

I wasnt great yesterday, I baked flapjacks and chocolate peanut crunch for H's work and had to text some!

Its my birthday sunday so we have a meal out saturday and I am having a takeaway friday night at my friends so not beating myself up, will get back to it properly next monday and get back to the gym. I am drinking less tea and increasing other fluids, not just water as its sooooooooo boring!

• I keep meaning to start back to healthy eating but am struggling to find the motivation. Hate hate hate this time of year and feel quite low anyway. I lost half a stone and was down to my goal weight just after Christmas after being in hospital with my little girl for a week but since then I've slowly put a few pounds back on.  How do I get my motivation back? I want to start again next Monday and keep meaning to but then I don't!!

• Mossy just do it. Don't start Monday, start today. You'll feel great with a couple of lb loss which will get you out of the depressing mood.

• You're right Belle, it's such a vicious circle, eating cos I feel down but then feeling rubbish cos I'm eating crap. I've already eaten a slice of carrot cake & a ripple lol. Ok I'll be good for the rest of the day. This last half stone to lose is always the hardest and then the maintaining!

• The last bit is hard to shift and then maintaining even harder! You can do it though.