Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

2014 - just two wishes....

The new year is approaching. Always makes me think of hopes and dreams and wishes. It's a nice time to change something if you're looking to make change, or just regroup or get reflective. 

You have just two wishes (which I think is quite a challenge!). One is for you, anything you like, as weighty - or frivolous - as you like! And the second has to be for someone else, doesn't matter who, but can't be you. 

What do *you* wish for in 2014?

Replies

• Options

Mine: for me I hope for a healthy happy baby, and so in turn the chance to keep being the person my loved ones need me to be.

Someone else: my sister. She drives me crazy and I'm so sad we can't be close but I'm really worried for her. The twins are due (induction) in 3 weeks and it's a dream come true after 6 years of trying and losses. But I know it will be so hard... the house is tiny, her husband is very loveable but not the most practical/helpful, and my nephew's autism - as he approaches 8 yrs old - is so much more noticeable and pronounced and I just don't know how he will react to a completely different life to the one he has now. So I wish lots of strength, love and happiness to my sister over the next 12 months (and a sneaky lottery win for her wouldn't go amiss, lol) x

• Options

For me, I wish to get my half sleeve finished. I had it started 3.5 years ago, and want it done.

For someone else - my best friend. She deserves to be happy, and to have a lovely fella. She is the nicest person EVER, and gets treated like cr@p, so I want her to meet her dream man. She is working so hard on "improving" herself, to be more lovable, it makes me sad. She is perfect as she is.

• Options

Me: for the hosue to sell so we can move on and start our new lifeSmile

For someone else:  My Dad, I wish he would see the positives in life and see how good his life is. He is always so negative and there are so many brilliant things goign on and I iwsh I could remove his negative spectacles.

• Options

For me: too get pregnant again and carry full term

For someone else: my parents they are amazing people and I just wish them everything they deserve and want in life.  

• Options

Pretty much same as CC.

For me, to carry this pregnancy to full term and have a healthy child.

For others, that my family stay happy and healthy and have a wonderful year ahead.

• Options

For me - to have a healthy child next year.

For others - health and happiness for loved ones.

• Options

For me- that this pregnancy goes well and I have a healthy baby.

Someone else- that my sister can be approved for adoption. We don't always see eye to eye but I know how much she wants to be a mum and I really hope that she gets her wish.

• Options

For me - that I end the year in a job that I enjoy more than the one I have now

For someone else - for my brother and sister in law to have or be expecting a baby, as I know it's something they want so much and they would be the most fab parents

• Options

For me -A happy healthy family (new addition included!)

For someone else -my brother to be free from the false allegations that are hanging over him, if nothing else tp give my parents the break they deserve

• Options

For me - that I have a healthy baby.

For others - that my brother settles down, is happy within himself and realises his full potential. He seems to lurch from one crisis to another, which doesn't help his self confidence.