Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A night off

In laws are having son tonight, he gets to sleep in a car bed!!! H is playing a paid gig at a 50th birthday. I am going to see the National Youth Orchestra at Birmingham Symphony Hall tonight. My friend got free press tickets. The orchestra leader has been lent a million pound  violin so was in the news. I am really looking forward to going out to a concert tonight I haven't been to a concert in years. 

Replies

• Options

Had a great time I enjoyed the music more than I expected. It was also awesome to do something different and spend time with my friend. I now want to take my son to a children's concert as I think he would be blown away by all the different instruments,

• Options

Glad you ahd a good time. Does your son play any musical instruments?

• Options

He hasn't started to learn an instrument yet I am hoping he wants to. I am not musical, can't play instrument but can read music and have sung in choirs. Whereas my MIL was a head of music and taught piano before she retired. My H is an independent instrumental teacher, he teaches guitar and bass within a number of worcestershire schools. He can also play and teach basic drums and play the trombone. We have instruments around. Our son is seven he can just about strum a guitar and he can get a note out of the trombone. It looks like he is more interested in learning a brass instruments so we will probably try and sort brass lessons. We also have a Saturday Rock School and he is a very helpful little roady. He loves music and before starting school went to three glastonbury festivals. At MIL he plays about on the piano. He has also written a song about our cat. We don't want to push him too hard. Boys tend to start later than girls learning an instrument.