Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anybody else Plan-less NYE?

All our friends already have plans, nothing going on family-wise. 

Actually looking forward to a quiet one with OH - letting out the crappy year out and letting in a fresh start! But OH is a bit miffed that we will be staying in!

x

Replies

• Totally plan less, and I'm a bit miffed, we never stay in! We may go out spur of the moment just to a local pub, but it all depends how I'm feeling tomorrow as I'm still suffering with the lurgy.

• We only planned something last week. We're just going out with friends for a meal early evening and then back to theirs for some drinks and countdown. I'm designated driver for the evening. We're never big on new year but really fancied doing something this year

• I will be going to bed at whatever time I would do normally. Nothing different going on here.

• are you still suffering saffron? you poor thing :( Hope you manage to get out for a bit even if its just a quick drink somewhere.

We were hoping to do a similar thing Duckford. But i am happy staying in now, am feeling quite senstive at the moment and can see me crying at midnight, so best at home.

Thinking a take away, film and cuddles with lots of chocolate :)

x

• Dont blame you QI - i will prob be asleep on the sofa by midnight!

• i used to love NYE, but i havent done anything for it since 2007 (went to malaysia), im working late shift and then early shift NYD, will have steak pie for dinner on NYD but tbh its just another day to us now.  the thought of queuing for drinks/taxis/pubs/clubs is SOOOOO not appealing now....i must be getting old Laugh, i might, possibly watch the fire works but then again im in work at 6 so very much doubt it.  majorly p'd off that work will be full of drunken idiots in the morning too

• Just a film, nibbles and bottle of something fizzy. Just me and H, kids will be in bed x

• Not really any plans here, although we had been invited to my brothers, so we're going there just for a bit then coming home to put C bed, have a takeaway and few glasses of something to see in the new year!

• sounds perfect Leela

CP - ive never been into town or anywhere like that for NYE, im too tight with my money to pay stupid costs of taxis etc lol. The only time ive got excited about NYE was when i was in Australia for it, pretty amazing. But like you said, its just another day to me too now i think.

x

• Good plan Deedee - im struggling to decide what take away i want!

• Yeah Suzie, I can't believe it, this is the most lingering illness I've ever had - two whole weeks now!!

Sorry that you're feeling a bit emotional just now lovely, I really hope that 2013 is full of amazing things Hug xx

• thanks Saffron, you too - you deserve it xx

• No plans as yet. Will wait and see what comes up but would be happy with a quiet night

• No plans here.  We may pop to the local for an early drink (well diet coke for me as i;m 19 weeks pregnant) and then back home.  Expect I;ll be in bed by 10 and poo H will be up by himself.

Have traditional Scottish NYD dinner planned - steak pie, tatties and peas.  Yum I can't wait.  I may have left scotland 26 years ago but it's not NY without steak pie!

• No plans here either, we've said to friends that they are welcome to come round if they want but they are unsure. We've got some party food from Sainsburys and will enjoy that once the children are in bed with a beer for H and something non-alcoholic for me.

• no plans here, it will probably just be another normal night and we will be in bed by 10am!

we've not been out for years as it got to expensive with everywhere being ticket only and taxi fairs, but we usually cook steak and have something fizzy but we haven't even got that this year.

• No plans here! My H has been quite poorly and I can't be doing with everywhere being packed. A normal night in for us.

• No plans here. H working. Parents have ask me to go there but S has chicken pox so think I'll stay here and go to bed at normal time especially as H will need to sleep on NYD for a bit.

• No plans here, H has a dodgy back so not going to work now tomorrow but apart from that nada.  We will be in bed by 10-10.30 no doubt.

• We've literally just booked to go for dinner at a Thai restaurant walking distance from home sitting down at 10pm purely so we're out at midnight. We stayed home last year on our own after we got let down last minute so I think we both felt we needed to do something but nothing major. It will be just the two of us which will be just perfick