Forum home General Chat General chat

Anyone around tonight?

What have you been up to today?  I did my shopping this morning, then have had a lazy afternoon as the kids were at the PIL.

H is nightshift tonight, J is in bed and E is doing a dancing show at the local theatre.  I've just finished my ironing and am now catching up on some soaps.

Replies

• hello. not done much today, had visitors this afternoon and just had dinner, got up quite late as was out last night. I is in bed now and L is currently asleep, although will be waking for a feed soon i think. im hopong for an earlyish night, im shattered.

when is it you go on hol, soon isnt it?

• I've got my sisters baby for the first time next Saturday, she's 7m and still wakes during the night which I'm not looking forward to.  My days of getting up with a baby during the night are done.

We don't go until the end of August - 8 weeks on Wednesday, not that I'm counting or anything!!!

• lol id forgotton how tiring night feeds are. i didnt mind it first time round, cos we used to lay in until late, but this time I still wants to get up at normal time. Fingers crossed she will follow I and start sleeping through at about 12 weeks. Shes my last though, so i dont mind to much. plus H is still off, so its not so bad as we can shar the feeds.

Have you started buying bits for it yet? I love getting new stuff for holiday. we dont go till october. not sure if thats a good decision or not really, sure we will enjoy it but it will be manic.

• I've bought a couple of dresses, skirts and vests and stuff for the kids.  My mam buys all of our sun cream and toiletries so I don't need to worry about them.

Remind me where you are going?

• we are off to malta. not been before but looking forward to it. we have paid a bit extra to go to a really nice hotel, i cant wait.

hoping to get my suncream in the sales, but need to start getting bits. the kids will be fine they have loads, its just me but i need to try and shift some of this baby weight first, before all the summe stuff sells out. is it just me or do the sales seem early this year. x

• My parents are in Malta at the minute, they've been a few times.

Are the sales on at the minute?  I hate the sales, can never be bothered to look through all the stuff.  I want to lose another 8lbs before we go.

• i have 14 weeks and 17lb to lose so in theory its doable, but we will see. im only 2 and a half weeks post c section, so cant exercise for a while yet.