Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone left on mumdrum?

I've never been a big OT poster but would pop in and out when bored but every time I stick my head in here there is only one or two new posts. Has mumdrum become a ghost town? The other boards don't seem to be faring much better :/

Replies

• I just poked my head in here and thought the same thing. There's threads on the first page of bt with the last post on 11th December. I remember 4 new pages of posts a day on BT and more on OT. Looks like this is the end for this place which is such a shame, the hitched bt community was such a lovely, supportive place

• It really is very dead, it is such a shame, but Mumdrum never really took off when it was separated from hitched but even that seems to be declining.

• There never seem to be posts other than the tri thread (which I think was combined as so few posters) and the ttc chat thread. I pop mu head in occasionally but sadly a community that was great once upon a time (mostly in hitched days) seems to have died a death!

• When I was TTC'ing it seemed fairly busy, then by the time I got pregnant it was quiet but still active... now I'm a mum it's barely trickling along. I am grateful for this place as it's found me lots of new friends but it does seem like it's been all but deserted now.

• I've been a bit AWOL recently due to loads going on. People are probably busy with Christmas and the like but even so, it is depressingly dead :(

What have you all been up to lately? Let's have a conversation lol!

• I think sadly it's been going on for a bit longer than just the Christmas rush now. People have had babies and disappeared (though don't blame them, I only mooch every now and again now!)

Not been up to much here, I've had my hands full with the kids and Christmas shopping, wrapping etc. How's things with you? Can't believe you're 23 weeks already! What do you have planned for Christmas?

• Not been much happening here just loving being a mum and can't quite believe it was a year ago on Christmas day I got my bfp! Amethyst is now a 5 month old, food loving pipsqueak. At beginning of December she was 9lb 3oz which is the same as what  the largest baby born in the 2014 baby group was at birth! It's crazy when you put it in that context but she's healthy and happy so that's all that matters :)

• You're right coco, it can't just be the Christmas rush, unless people were getting ready super early hehe, like June!

I keep thinking I'm ready for Christmas but I've not wrapped anything yet. I think I'll probably realise I've missed loads when I go to do that. This pregnancy is flying past, I think H is freaking out a bit. We've bought one vest and four cloth nappies for this poor, neglected 2nd child! I doubt we will get much more either, we've kind of got everything!

PS I remember seeing your bfp over Christmas last year, along with ducky, it really warmed my heart. Bless your little chunk :)