Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone with Primary School starters in Sept?

How are we all doing?

It's C's penultimate week at pre school this week. I am an emotional wreck! He has his taster session on Friday, and then he'll be 4 at the weekend. He's too small to be starting school Crying

Replies

• Yep, my youngest has his last day at nursery next tuesday. He has done all his taster sessions and is really excited.

I just don't know where the time has gone, my eldest (L) is going into year 3 so will officially be a junior!

I know what you mean when they are summer babies its so much harder when L started school he turned 4 on the 28th august and started school 2 weeks later, with C he turned 4 in Feb and he seems so ready for school

• My eldest is starting full time school in September, but she's been in nursery class this year so I'm quite used to the idea of school now.  She was 4 in November so I was lucky she wasn't so young, my youngest is a summer baby - I keep wondering what I'll be like when she goes to school in a few years!!

I have been an emotional wreck the last fe weeks becuase of E's first sports day, first school trip etc, and I'll be bad again later this week as she finishes her last sessions in the nursery group where she has been since she was 2 1/2!!

She is sooo excited about September though - why are they so keen to grow up when I want them to be babies forever?!!

N

• My eldest also starts Sept. She's in two nurseries, one of which she's been happier at and that's the one attached to the school, so it's really like just going to the next class. The other she's happy to leave, but i don't think she realises that she won't see much of those children in the future. I don't think it'll hit me until her first day come Sept.

• Jacob starts full time in September, he's been in the mixed nursery and reception class this year so it won't be a very big change for him. He's really looking forward to it and has a fantastic teacher and TA who will be great. We're just waiting on speech and language therapy which should start soon after he goes into reception and I hope that will make it easier for him.

• Aaron starts primary one in August. He was 5 in May (in scotland they do from age 3 in nursery, mainly 2 years)

• Eleni starts in September, I still can't believe they are old enough for school. She was 4 in March so is in the middle of the group age wise and she is so ready for it! Her last preschool parent meeting the teachers said the same thing. She's done two sessions at her new school already and didn't want to come home so I know she likes it so far. We also went to the school fair and her teacher remembered her - not sure that's a good thing! I'll be doing this all over again in a year which is weird, then I'll definitely be sobbing.

She's been going to preschool since she was 2.5 years old so she's used to the setting.
  • Not the same but my son is moving onto the next year going into juniors Y3. It is amazing how the time fly's

• My eldest is also going into Yr3 Winterflower, it just doesnt seem possible that hes that big already!

• Liam starts on August 20th.  He will be 5 in October.  Some ways I think that he is ready for it, others not. Lol