Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Are you voting tomorrow?

For Europe and local elections http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27039093

I will do though I'm pretty nonchalant about the parties putting themselves forward. I know who I DON'T want to get in, so my vote is tactical!

Replies

• Options

I am voting but currently I have no thoughts either way who for.  I plan to do some reading tonight.

We seem to have got loads of leaflets through the door for random parties this year, ones I've never heard of.

• Options

Absolutely not a chance. They're all as bad as each other, I've genuinely lost interest!

• Options

Yes, I'll be voting, and I know who for.  Its been drummed into me by my parents never to waste a vote, so I always vote even if I don't really have much interest.

• Options

yup ill be voting and ill be dragging hubby along as he has never voted and 'doesnt know what to do!'

local election choice it easy and im pretty sure im making the right choice,  europe im a little less sure but i think my choice it the lesser of all the evils

• Options

Yes both h and I will be voting. I am like sleepy know who I will vote for in the local election but not sure about the europian election. I strongly believe in the importance of voting, however I did choose on one occasion to spoil the ballot paper. I think if I remember rightly an Australian friend said they have to vote and can be taken to court if they don't, also if a sufficient proportion of ballot papers are spoilt they have to rerun the election with new candidates.

• Options

I think there is just european elections in my area - I'll go if I remember but I do have a habit of forgetting until the polling station has already closed!

• Options

Definitely.

Local elections will be based on who I genuinely believe has our best interests at heart...

European, still undecided but I know who I won't be voting for!

• Options

Unsure. I read the blurb that came through the door and it was basically:

Labour-your current tory's are c**p and we'll oppose everything they suggest without giving any idea of what alternatives they'd offer

Tory-we're great and going to carry on doing the same with no evidence of what they have actually done nor what they are proposing to do in the future.

Lib Dem-nothing posted through the door at all...actions speak louder anyone??

Doesn't inspire confidence in any of them :(

• Options

Just been and voted, quite a few people at the polling station. Will be interested to see what the outcome. Can't believe the number of candidates for the Euro's

• Options

i was suprised by the Euros aswell had to fold the paper three times to get it into the box!!