Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

argh dress help size 18

Hi ladies

Some of you are so good at shopping and I am hopeless with no time, 3 children following me, no style sense etc etc etc so I thought I'd ask the experts for some help. I fancy a new dress for my work Xmas party but sadly I am size 18 with very chunky legs and also a very limited budget! 

So my dream is to find a nice flattering dress that will make me look acceptable, but only cost £20 to £30. Am I dreaming??! 

All suggestions welcome, I'm off to playgroup now, check in later xx

Replies

• Can't give actual suggestions but Mtalan and Primark do loads of stuff to 18 and beyond and are cheap as chips I believe the expression is!

• I have a funny shape- top heavy. About a 14 bottom and 16 top so dresses are a night are to fit right. By far the best fit and most flattering cut iv found is from Tesco of all places! I ended up buying 5 shift dresses in different patterns and colours. So flattering. And cheap to boot m.clothingattesco.com/.../catalog.do

• there are some fab ones on that tesco link.

• ASDA have some lovely dresses in at the moment that will be within budget and also check out Yours Clothing

• Some nice bits on Sainsbury's too

• If you want to shop online ASOS have some lovely dresses

• dorothy perkins have a 30% sale on at the moment and go up to a size 22

asos have their curve range

AX paris have a curve range- with a 20% off for using the voucher code LOVECURVE

new look have their inspire range

simply be are good but i find can be expensive however you can pay monthly?

Very have a plus size section again can pay monthly

Next have got some lovely party dresses in and go up to a size 22-can also pay monthly with a next account

m&s have some flattering and modern party dresses in this season

Peacocks have re-opened and their party dresses go up to a 20-22

matalan go up to a 20 and they also have their plus size range also very reasonable

My favourites are the supermarkets- TU(sainsburys) have the gok wan range- Tesco have some dicounts and also double clubcard points on clothing, Asda is my favourite as their fit is the best iv found!

• Thanks ladies, just got to bath the kids then time for some online shopping!