Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

backless bra help

I have ordered a beautiful dress for a wedding but it is backless. So I need a backless bra, but I am really struggling to find one that is big enough for me. I am a 32F and most stuff seems to stop at cup D. Has anyone seen any backless bra in bigger sizes? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Is there no way you can wear a bra a la Carrie in SATC? I'm not sure backless bras actually work. Do you need support or just nipple coverage?

• Not sure what you mean Belle, by the SATC ref, sorry. I think I definately need support. my boobs are just so big that I don't feel comfortable without a bra. I haven't actually got the dress yet - it's on order - so when I get it I may feel that it gives me enough support without, but I doubt it. I wore a backless bra now and again when I was a 32DD and it seemed fine then.

• Can you not squeeze your boobs into that one then?

Carrie in SATC used to always wear backless dresses with bras, it looked good, not slutty, she worked it like part of the outfit.

• No chance - I end up with four boobs when I wear my old bras! Also I threw all my old bras away as soon as I had enough money to replace them. I hate badly fitting underwear it just makes me look awful.

I could try to find a bra which looks good with the dress. maybe... not convinced really. I don't think I can pull that look off. Plus it's for a church wedding - is underwear on show suitable for church?  But it's a possibility, thanks.

• Looks like you need to hunt high and low on the net for one then. They must do them somewhere.

• Can't find a backless bra in that size, but there is a backless body - looks like it's sold a few places including Next

www.next.co.uk/x515324s2

• Ooh thanks deedee, never occurred to me to look for a body rather than a bra. I've ordered one from next but it will take five weeks! It's ok as the wedding is sept but I can't believe how long it will take!