Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

bad parents....

So today we were playing tag with M in the front garden, h chased me round his car, meanwhile M ran in the house and slammed the door so we couldnt catch her. Then stood at the living room window waving to us....while we were locked outside 

Luckily H had left his keys lying on the table (instead of hung up where they should be) and she gave me them through the letter box. Phew!

Do we get todays bad parent award?

Replies

• No you get the lucky gits awardLaugh How cool that the keys were jsut there?

• QI, given my Hs ability to actually hang his keys up where they should be it was more than likely they'd be lying around! Luckily she's old enough to understand us asking for the keys

• I did to this to my Dad when I was little, he had to climb up the drain pipe to get in the window.

• I always think about this kind of thing happening, I think N would taunt me Laugh

• Oh dear vivixon, good job we didnt have to do that, don't think H would have managed up a drainpipe Laugh

• LB she was laughing and waving but didn't seem to quite understand that we couldn't get in. I bet in a year or so she'd have been laughing at us

• My H apparently did this to MIL when little. He sat inside waving at her while she was panicking outside! All turned out all right.

H has locked us all out a couple of times by using the spare key to unlock the inside of the front door and leaving it in there. We've then gone out but can't unlock the door because there's a key on the inside of the lock.

Luckily we could get in through the back door (although last time H had to wait for me to get back from swimming as I have a back door key on my key ring and he doesn't. He complained that I hadn't answered my phone. From inside the swimming pool?!)

• I think you should get the highly amusing award for that one. I however am I very bad parent we have been away for a week and disco (11 months) has eaten, cornish pasty, fish and chips, ice cream, scones with jam, I keep thinking the food police are going to hunt me down. He has also had normal healthy meals with veg and stuff I promise

• This happened to me on the day before E's second birthday. I was putting something in the bin outside and she shut the door behind me. It was a January morning, H had already gone to work. Both sets of neighbours I really knew were out but the woman opposite saw me looking through the letter box. Was also lucky that out keys were on the windowsil, E couldn't reach them, even with her step. The neighbour had to use a cane to get the keyring through the letterbox. From that day on I always took the latch off when I went to the bin.

• My cousin locked her mum.out on purpose once so she could steal ice lollies. My aunt had to climb in an upstairs window lol