Forum home General Chat General chat

Bored!

I'm used to having too much to do, feeling stressed and getting a bit overwhelmed by the to-do list. I have work I could be getting on with but I'm not going that route. I haven't started my baby quilt but I want to start that on my next day off.

What can I doooo? There's nowt on telly, son (says he) is revising and hubby just left for work. I'll probably go to bed and read as have an early start tomorrow, but it doesn't sound tempting and I'm just not used to having an hour or two to waste.

What do *you* do to wind down? Any suggestions for me?!?

Replies

• I usually either watch tv or read a book in bed. Nothing exciting. Sometimes give a friend/my mum a ring and have a long chat.  Browse the internet (although I get easily bored with this) I play card games on the laptop too.

• i like to read, also do crossed stitch, nice warm bath, hope you found a way to wind down

• You are a crazy lady, in a couple of weeks you'll have no spare hours like this to enjoy - make the most of them whilst you can. I don't wind down. I was up 'till 11 editing! You are welcome to my to do list...

But when I do, nothing beats a warm bath and a good book!

• Counter I hope you chose an early night, you need the rest!

• Do you know... I went to bed early in a bit of a teenage funk (what's the point, I'm not even tired, grunt grunt...) and I woke up about midnight and had been asleep REALLY deeply and felt lovely and snuggly, bedside lamp still on and book abandoned on to hubby's pillow, I think I had maybe read 4 pages. Ha ha. I'm like a toddler who won't believe she's tired.

I do find it hard to wind down. I try things here and there but tend to revert to type. One of my best friends keeps begging me to meditate, but I never seem to find the time!! I think having a baby at 38 is certainly going to resolve this particular problem ha ha.

Sleepy - is cross stitch something you can quickly pick up and put down? Because the sewing machine work isn't at all, but something you can do whilst tired and without lots of prep... might suit me :)

• A cross stitch is deffo something you can pick up and put down. I have a couple that I spent 10 months on (totally worth it though)

To wind down, I do what others suggested (read, bath), or I crochet. I have just taught myself to do cardigans, so am spending time doing those, as they are very relaxing to do.

Not an option for you currently, but a bottle of Prosecco also helps me chill out.

• Abnormal Kitty

Not an option for you currently, but a bottle of Prosecco also helps me chill out.

Ha! In the good ol' days, 2 hefty glasses of Chilean Sauv Blanc after work on a Friday and I'd go in to the weekend totally zen!! :)