Forum home General Chat General chat

Chicken inspiration needed!

I have said I need to use everything up in the freezer before we move and we have a lot of chicken breasts! Which I had just stocked on up before we got the offer. It was supposed to last 6 months!

So I am looking for meal inspirations please, only requirements are no tomatoes or wheat/gluten.

I have gone blank and seem to have fallen back on only one meal using boneless chicken breasts at the moment!

Replies

• Oh and I am going shopping tomorrow morning if I need to get anything to go with itBig Smile

• Chicken curry

Honey &mustard chicken with new potatoes

Cut open, put in Philadelphia, close and wrap with bacon

• Those 'so juicy' packets are easy and taste lovely, because there's so many flavours it makes the chicken seem like a different meal.

• weekender

Chicken curry

Honey &mustard chicken with new potatoes

Cut open, put in Philadelphia, close and wrap with bacon

Fab will write those downBig Smile

• Babylonglegs

Those 'so juicy' packets are easy and taste lovely, because there's so many flavours it makes the chicken seem like a different meal.

They are fab BUT they either have wheat or tomatoes or both in themLaugh There aren't any I have found without one or the other which is immensely annoying!

• Lemon Juice, Rosemary, Thyme, chicken stock, chicken, sliced potatoes, bung in oven.

Chicken breast, cheese, bacon and bbq sauce

I'll carry on thinking!

• fajitas is a fave with left over chicken here - if they do wheat free tortilla type things?

and we really like this

www.bbcgoodfood.com/.../easy-chicken-pie

• Another one about to suggest fajitas. Also chicken pie or chicken fricasee (chicken in white sauce but posh name!), stir fry, I also like breasts stuffed with mozzarella wrapped in Parma ham, roast chicken (just cook as individual breasts).

Ill keep thinking

• Oh chicken a la king, which is just chicken in a white sauce with peppers blitzed through it. Serve with rice if allowed

• Cut into strips and simmer in lemon juice for 10 mins, then stir in a couple of tbsps of double cream, some chopped tarragon and black pepper. It's from the baby led weaning cookbook and is my H's current favourite!

• Kebabs with tzatziki?

I did a 'quick chicken casserole' the other day which was really nice. Just diced chicken breast cooked with some sweated down leeks, onions and carrot, bit of bacon, splash of stock and some herbs. Spoonful of mustard through it, with rice or new pots. Yum.

We've got chicken tonight, in a most unimaginative stir fry!

• I did this with chicken breasts instead of thighs and it was lovely www.nigella.com/.../spanish-chicken-with-chorizo-and-potatoes-5160

The kids also love my chicken with rice, which is basically chopped seasoned chicken breast cooked in a pan plus a spoonful of tarragon, then I chuck a tin of Campbells condensed chicken soup + tin of water on it. Let it cook for 30-40 mins, throw some cooked peas/carrots in right at the end (hide the veg, they'll never know!). Serve with rice.

There's a lot of throwing going on in my cooking.

• I like to make chicken risotto or chicken stir fry for a change.

• I love chicken breast topped with pesto, salsa and melted cheese served with either homemade wedges or sweet potato.  Or hunters chicken?

• chicken, philly leek pasta

fahitas

roast chicken breats as part of a roast dinner

chicken curry

chicken salad

chicken manwiches