Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Christmas Booze

What booze do you  / are you getting in?

We get a box of wine from work which will be 10 bottles of white & 2 bottles of champagne.

My sister has ordered 6 bottles of rose cava from M&S

I'm looking at the Tesco wine deal (25% off 6 bottles) but also Virgin wines are doing a money off from Friday so waiting for that to show on MSE.

We need to buy: Disaranno, Vodka x 2/3, JD, Gin and Rose (for G) WKDs or the like for K & G, and knowing H some kind of shot I just hope to god it's not jaeger. Then couple crates of beers, cider and mixers.

Replies

• Nothing more than our usual Prosecco or white wine.

My Mum has been stockpiling booze for weeks. She got 6 cases of 24 cans of cider for a fiver each, due to the lad in the shop, royally messing up. She also has a couple of cases of lager and bitter, for family when they pop in.

My parents have about 12 litres of vodka and Bacardi, they brought back off their numerous holidays this year, god help them if my Aunt comes, she could destroy 2 bottles in 1 night.

• How many of you are drinking that? Impressive haul!

We are going to my Mum's for Christmas. Alcohol is fueled by the presents she gets from her boys. Given she still has about 15 bottles of bubbly left over from last year, I think we'll be ok.

• AK I can't buy early cos we drink it - we plan a booze shopping trip and just hit the supermarket.

Rusty that's for me H my sister and the alcopos for the girls

• My Mum gave it all to me to "hide" in my garage. If my Dad saw the cans, he'd go mad with them.

• Belle
    Rusty that's for me H my sister and the alcopos for the girls

Hope you are stocking up on paracetamol too then! Drunk

• Wine and champagne.  I won't buy much though, because my dad has a wine cellar, and I just raid that.  We're at my parents for Christmas Day anyway, so I will be drinking their booze!

• We buy the usual crates of bud - I don't like to think how many we consume and we'll also buy some bottles of wine and cava.

We don't drink spirits and don't really have many visitors or if we do end up having a party friends just bring their own booze.

• Morrisons have 33% off wine when you buy 6 bottles or more, and it includes wines already on offer!
  • Only today to Sunday though.
  • Oooh thanks OB,  I'm going past Morrisons on Saturday, so will pop in there!

• Crikey Belle, we wouldn't get through that much in a year.  We'll probably get a couple of boxes of beers, and i'll perhaps get another bottle of vodka.  Wine, I've got tons of already, so no need to buy more, there is gin, Malibu in the house which we've had for years and still hasn't been drunk.

• We're not getting much in as we already have a stash of wine and spirits. Plus we're going to my parents on Christmas day so will be drinking my dad's booze on the day.

Probably just some mixers and beer if H wants it.

• Ok my Christmas haul is:

12 red wine (I don't drink this, its only h and our friends, it 'wasn't that expensive' hmmmm!)

12 white wine (h doesn't drink white wine, so its for me, friends and sil and hs auntys)

6 Asahi beers (they have been sneaked in by h grr!)

Baileys (for hs gran, she will have 2 max so just got small bottle)

Crate of carling, for h fil and bil

Iv got glayva, vodka, gin and brandy already open if needed. But that's it.

O and obv dioralyte and milk thistle for any hangovers lol

• Mmm Christmas booze! Red wine, mulled wine, a bit of fizz and some baileys; that'll keep me happy for a while!

• Meant to say we are also trying to get a bottle of fizzy dessert wine we had when we went out which was lovely, I'm

Not keen on fizzy wine or dessert wine but it was lovely

• Oh yes, H bought a bottle of mulled wine the other day as 'it was on offer so a bargain' Laugh

And we do need to get some bubbly in as well. 

• My box of wine has arrived!!

• Wow! I can't believe how much drink some of you buy! We won't buy anything I don't think, except maybe a bottle of baileys. We have some wine and beer left over from our house warming in September. That will be fine for us both and give us some to take to family. And no doubt we'll have some left over. I've made sloe gin, damson gin, damson vodka as well for the first time so we'll sample those. I'm hoping they taste nice as I plan to give away for gifts.

• OB
    Morrisons have 33% off wine when you buy 6 bottles or more, and it includes wines already on offer!

thanks for this, I made a special trip there today, I bought my favourite wine, normally £11 a bottle for only £5 using this deal. It had 1/3 off its usual price. 

Baileys was only £12 for 1 litre, so stocked up on that too

• Vodka

Gin

Got Bacardi & whiskey

Smirnoff ice

Normal cider

Fruit cider

Lager

Red, white, rose wine

Prosecco or cava a

That's it