Forum home General Chat General chat

Come on, Wednesday weightloss.

2»

Replies

• I know you are belle. and I know I sound as though i'm dismissing everything you're suggesting, I do appreciate the help and tips.

The SW leader has always said, you don't need to exercise to lose weight, she managed to lose over 5 stone without exercise.  But I know we're all different, and i'm probably going to have to try and fit some form of exercise in.

But when H works shifts, and gets 3 days off a month at a weekend, my parents have the children Monday to Friday and don't want to start having to have them at the weekends so I can go out exercising, i'm a bit stuck really, and besides, when I've been at work all week, I actually like to spend some time with the kids at the weekends, and it's the only opportunity to do house work.  I perhaps need to get out a bit more and do walking with them at weekends, that's something that I can do without H, and I can stick S in the buggy and E can walk.

• Morning all. I went on a work team building day yesterday so ate biscuits and cake and drank a bit of wine. So not a brilliant day for me but still fun.

Carole come and join us. Its hard when your child is at school and you've suddenly got to find a new routine. I ate loads of rubbish when my daughter started school and put on weight so its good to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control.

Chids if you are getting stuck at a particular weight then I really recommend writing down everything you eat for a week or so. And measuring out your food. Although writing it down is boring, I've found it helps me to remember exactly what I've put in my mouth during the day. As I have a very short term memory when it comes to treats and can easily forget from lunch to dinner that I've already had an unhealthy treat. Laugh. Also I find that I can get carried away with portion size if I'm not careful. Measuring out means that I use what the recipe says I should be using not what I think I should. I really don't think that there are any magic short cuts to losing weight. Its good to lose it slowly and steadily but each time you change things your metabolism adjusts so you have to keep at it. Can you fit in some more walking during your lunch hour. If Zumba was hurting your back then its a good idea to stop. Pilates or yoga will definitely help build up your core which helps to support your back.

Can't do personals for everyone as I have to get back to work.

Breakfast was cereal and fruit

Lunch is salad and fruit

Dinner is fish and vegetables

• I get what you are saying Chids, I'm in the same boat with kids and home and work which is why I have to put off my evening until gone 9pm to exercise or get up at the crack of dawn which isn't very nice with the dark mornings. Try the food diary for a week and try to get out walking in your lunch break like Cedar suggests and more of a weekend. Shake your SW plan up a bit cut right back, ditch the bread completely or other carbs. A week of doing something like that will give you back the motivation you seem to have lost.

• Also Chids try finding some new recipes to try out. We did a whole load the other week, all healthy stuff but it didn't feel like it was 'diet' food, if you see what I mean, it was just us trying out some new recipes.

• Cedar, the whole point of going SW was being able to eat unlimited amounts of the free food.  That's what I liked about it.  

I've ordered the WW move more DVD off ebay.  I had it years ago when I did WW and I actually quite liked doing it.  The exercise was in short sessions of about 15 mins, so I could get up at 5.45am and fit in 15m mins before everyone else gets in, and then do perhaps another 15 mins at the evening once the kids have gone to bed.  The doesn't sound too bad.  Also with it being a WW DVD, it's designed for fatties, so although it's exercise it wasn't too high impact.  If I did the shred DVDs i'd probably pass out.

Cedar, I do need to mix it up a bit with the cooking, when I first started I was doing new recipies, I still cook from scratch now, but i'm getting a bit in a rut with chilli most of the time.  Friday I made some SW chicken fried rice and SW curry sauce which I enjoyed, and was all syn free.  I've been making soups too so I can bring them for lunches at work.

Thanks ladies for the help.  I do appreciate it.

• That DVD sounds like a good idea. The trouble when you have a lot to lose is that its hard to keep at it over the months, then you have a slow patch, then you feel discouraged and fed up and wonder why you're bothering. You just need to remember that there will be peaks and troughs on the way and to stick with it.

• I am here - just in case you thought I was wallowing still!

Good day so far today, yesterday was good and I had a point leftover.

See you all tomorrow xxx

• Hi all, very late to this but hope everyone made it through the day without too many calories. I am on day 3 of me and H's attempted 21 days of no takeaways, alcohol or general junk. Going ok so far ...