Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Could you be a surrogate?

2»

Replies

• Options

I wouldn't be able to be a surrogate or donate eggs.  

• Options

I think if I had all the children I wanted I would consider either being a surrogate or donating my eggs. I guess I may change my mind on the surrogacy after this pregnancy, dependant on how it goes!

• Options

I don't think I could donate my eggs, they'd be "mine". I wouldn't like the thought of having other biological children out in the world. Just like I couldn't use anyone elses eggs, as they wouldn't be mine.

• Options

Would donate eggs and doesn't really concern me about having a biological child out there as would not view it like that. No way I could be a surrogate.

• Options

I think k I could do both.

I would love to donate eggs, I think I would get such a feeling of achievement through helping someone. Which I know is really selfish!

Again with surrogacy, I think I could do it. Though I'd prefer it to be for someone I didn't know. Which is the opposite of what most if you have said. I think it would be easier if you didn't see the child growing up or have a relationship with them.

I would consider it for a best friend/relative though, but I think it would be harder x

• Options

I would donate eggs too. Although there is the biological slant to it I'm more of a believer in the nurture side.

• Options

My cousin asked her sisters and me and my sister if we'd be an egg donor for her. I wasn't done having kids so had to say no but would have prob considered it if circs were different. I, terrible at pregnancy so wouldn't surrogate plus I don't think I could hand a baby over whether biologically mine or not.

My cousin went on to have a beautiful little girl with an anonymous egg donor.

• Options

I don't think I could donate eggs as that would feel like a part of me was out there somewhere.  But surrogacy...I may well end up being a surrogate at some point in the future.  My sister cannot have children (just had a mc as she cannot carry despite being able to fall), so it may be her only chance of having children in the future.

• Options

Definitely not, I have to say I didn't really enjoy pregnancy that much, and I couldn't put myself through it all again to not get a baby at the end of it all.

• Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.