Forum home General Chat General chat

Crappy day!

1. Get call at work in morning because (queasy, scared-of-blood) husband has cut hand (and foot?) and needs to go for stitches

2. Dash home, collect husband and baby

3. Change baby while at walk-in centre and find 2 days worth of poo - in liquid form - all over front, back and sides

4. Strip and clean screaming baby, bag up pooey romper to take home and wash, but throw away browny-orange smothered vest

5. Check changing bag and find only a vest

6. Dress baby in vest

7. Breastfeed half-dressed baby in waiting room surrounded by nosey elderly men and curious toddlers

8. Leave husband waiting for X-ray and dash to health visitor clinic, arrive 2 minutes before the end

9. Weigh baby, spot huge orange patch on back missed from earlier exploda-poo, cringe in front of health visitor

10. Start to dress baby after weigh, discover she's laying in a not insignificant volume of her own pee. Vest now soaked. Baby screaming

11. Move baby to clean area and put nappy on. Pick baby up to console, baby vomits on me, then rubs her face right in it

12. Smile (grimace) as health visitor jokes about what a bad day I'm having

13. Find muslin and wipe worst of milky puke off baby which only serves to make the baby squawk louder

14. Dress baby in woolly jacket found in car and make hasty exit from clinic

15. Rush back to hospital to collect husband. Wait 45 minutes wondering whether he's passed out 

16. Husband, 3 stitches, bandaged hand and pained look eventually emerge and we all head home

17. Arrive home to discover Jack Russell has developed new pastime of investigating bin contents, then using it to redecorate lounge

... And it's only Monday.

Replies

• Oh gosh! Sounds like a manic day! Hope H's hand and foot is okay! and Agnes is feeling better! Bless her

• Poor you!! Hope hubby and Agnes are doing better!

• Oh you poor thing! Hope hubby isn't too sore and Agnes is now dressed, the little tinker. I secretly hope you had some gin or alcoholic alternative last night.

If you soak poop soaked clothes (or blankets!) with Fairy Liquid it nearly always gets it out.

• Sounds like a nightmare, hope today has been better.