Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Do you have a dishwasher?

I don't and have taken a very lax view to the Christmas Day washing up and very S L O W L Y  completed it. Whereas I imagine those of you with dishwashers had it all all done before you had even finished eatingROTFL

Replies

• Oh my how do you cope, we have recently had my sister's old one and I couldn't go back to not having one.. it just makes the kitchen look so much tidier than having dirty dishes around till I could be bothered too wash up lol!

• Yes we have one. I'm so reliant upon it, I'm not sure I could cope without one! I'm far too lazy!

• No, never have. Never felt we needed it and I was scared by the horror stories about how much water they use. Just from an ecological point of view, wasn't even on a meter! I imagine they're much better now...?

• We have one but it was in the house when we bought it rather than making a conscious  decision to buy one. The one downside is we have decided that it just damages our glasses and the saucepans so we have to clean the bits I'd rather not do.

And it normally takes us a couple of days to fill it. We're using it more now than we used to. It is handy but I could live without it.

• Nope, we have had one in a previous house, but it was built in, and we didn't bring it with us.  I haven't missed it at all.  I hated loading it, hated unloading it, hated not having something I wanted because it was 'in the dishwasher' waiting to be cleaned, and there are always things that couldn't go in for whatever reason, so you'd end up having to wash up as well.  I don't miss it at all.  

• We've had ours a couple of years, and our kitchen was the most untidy it's ever been, H would never put anything in or take anything out, so it was always down to me and the kids always wanted to climb in it to help, which meant that I couldn't empty it when they were around.  It's been broken the last month, and our kitchen is tidy again, as everything gets washed up at the end of the day, rather than a pile of bits that can't go in and a pile waiting to go in once someone empties it.  H wants to replace I, I don't.

• No. I wouldn't have one.

I like to do them by hand, so I "know" they are clean.

• We have a very small kitchen and took out a set of drawers to fit a slimline dishwasher in. Storage space in the kitchen is now minimal but I wouldn't be without the dishwasher! It keeps the kitchen tidy and frees up valuable worktop space. Otherwise we'd have to wash up immediately after each course of a large meal like xmas dinner! Dirty stuff goes straight in and when its full it goes on.

• We have one. It is not very good to be honest, it came with the house and just seems badly designed. Our old one was smaller but fitted loads more in. But it won't be replaced until we get a new kitchen which will be a few years away!

• I love ours and wouldn't be without it. I'm too lazy to wash up straightaway so can just put the dirties into the dishwasher and hide them.

• Before we bought, we were renting, and turned down decent places because there was no washing machine.

Only thing I wash up are nice tefal frying pans - everything else goes straight in the dishwasher.  I am far to lazy to wash anything up.

To me not much different from having a washing machine (I know it's an extreme example).

• I wouldn't be without mine, I have better things to be getting on with rather than standing at the sink, washing dishes,

• We didn't have one when it was just the two of us, and i swear all we did all the time was wash up, dry up etc!

Then we moved house and had a dishwasher, having two LO's and working full time it's a godsend, they are the best invention ever!