Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Estrellita

Where is she? Last I heard was a few weeks ago when she was going on holiday to France.

Replies

• LB I'm here! How weird, this is the first chance I've had to come on here, you must be psychic! Well we made it to France and had a good time until E got a tummy bug on the friday and we had a hellish time with projectile vomiting and diarrhoea in the tent and screaming all night - the other campers must have been raging. We had to keep dashing out to the car with him and playing Bob Marley to get him to settle!

We made it to Geneva too and saw that giant chair with three legs?! And the United Nations building. Looking back it was nice but not very relaxing, and we had been back three days when H's appendix finally went, hence not being on here for two weeks as I've been on nursing duty!

Have I missed much? Thanks for asking after me xx

• Oh no having to deal with a tummy bug in a tent, awful! Your poor H too, hope he gets better soon. Yes that chair thing is a bit bizarre, they have the most random statues here!

• I don't think Eurocamp will have us back seeing as E ruined all the bedding! Had to do 38 euros worth of washing/drying while we were there too Weep We think it was from the pool water, as we only went in once for 10 mins to cool down and it started that night. I'd been so paranoid about the water for his formula, buying bottled and using the travel steriliser etc. but didn't think about the pool. Ah well it was an experience! 

The chair was strange although I googled it and it's campaigning against land mines? It was strange how different Geneva felt, obviously it would do as Switzerland is a different country (!) but just felt strange. There was so much we could have seen if we'd had more time, and the weather wasn't great that day (the only bad day we had) so we drove around mostly and then went back to France! H was miffed we had to pay 40 euros for the vignette for only a couple of hours! It's still in the car window! xx

• Geneva is only worth going to if it's sunny, then it's lovely but if it's grey and raining it's shite!