Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Explain Geocaching to me please

I keep reading about this cans we are a very out and about family so can someone explain this to me please? 

Replies

• Do you have hazel on fb? I think they do it a lot x

• We go walking a lot but I don't have the mobile phone know how to do it!

• Basically, it's a bit like a real life treasure hunt. You are given a coordinate, and part of the next coordinate with instructions such as, use the 3rd and 4th digit, you put it into Gps and go to the location, there will be for example a telegraph pole, so you would take the 3rd and 4th digit and put it into the second part coordinate, and follow that with your GPS, in the end it will take you to the "cach" which can be any size, in there there will be something, for example a toy car, you may take the item but you MUST replace it with something of simular value, and you cant put food in there, there will also be a log, which you can write your name and date that you found it. Some are harder than others. If you type Geocaching into google it should take you to their home page which has a video explaining. Home that helps, its not easy to explain very well.

• You can use a sat nav too.

• Thank you MMB.

Ck I do have hazel on fb, one of the reasons I was thinking about it actually!