Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Face moisturizers?

Hi All,

Can any of you recommend me your moisturizers you use?

Think it maybe down to my age,(eek in my 40's!) as well as the time of the year but my face is getting quite dry, itchy with some red patches on my forehead and cheeks/nose area. Very attractive as you can imagine!

I currently use Boots botanics day and night creams for dry/sensitive skin.

Am happy to spend a decent amount on cream as it is the only face I have!

Thanks in advance,

Terra.

Replies

• Clinique dramatically different + (the plus is important as its more moisturising than the regular DD lotion). I recently switched to the Clinique anti-redness cleanser which also seems to have helped reduce the red patchy dryness I usually get at this time of year. I have the Boots anti ageing day cream no. 7 for extra moisturiser if it is a particularly windy day.

I should add I have sensitive skin too with excema.

• Lovely, thanks for your reply KittyKat I will have a look into Clinique range.

• Try Soap and Glory's Wish Upon A Jar  as an intensive moisturiser - you use it for 21 days and it contains collagen. I've been trying a Benefit moisturiser recently and that leaves my skin nice and soft.

• Oh thought Soap and Glory was just hand stuff lthough I love their body spray. Thanks Dumble Spud.

• It seems they've changed it to just a night cream but it'll do the same thing - www.soapandglory.com/.../wish-upon-a-jartm

• Aldi ones are popular! I have one its quite good i keep it in the car

• I use Olays BB cream during the day. I have fair sensitive skin and it's fab on my skin.
  • I use Avene moisturiser which is very expensive but its one of the few that work for me. I've got combination skin so can have dry patches and oily bits all at the same time! I also like Clinique too.

Boots No 7 moisturiser brings me out in a rash although their makeup doesn't in the general. I use Simple cleanser their moisturiser might be good.

Plus at this time of year I have to give a goid scrub and try to drink water as its the heating that dries it out.

• I use clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion + too, I've tried others and it's the only that moisturises my face without leaving dry patches or spots. It's expensive but a bottle lasts me about six months so worth it for me x

• Bare Minerals for Combination Skin. Best one I've ever used, its £28.

• Thanks so much for all the replies ladies. I have ordered a 30ml tube of Clinique DD to try out and see how I get on with that on.

Terra :-)