Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Foundation Recommendations!

Hey ladies, My foundation is about to run out..! I am looking for a new one, I have acne scars that I want to hide and general blemishes etc what gives you really good coverage?! 

What are you using atm? My old one was Dream Matte mousse (Maybelline)

I don't want to spend a small fortune! 

Replies

• Estee Lauder double wear! Amazing coverage but looks natural. about £20 a bottle but lasts ages.

• I really recommend MAC I know you said you didn't want to spend much but MAC is good. See if you can get some samples to try from a mac counter if you have one near you

• I use double wear too, well worth the cost, I've had my current bottle since mid November and wear it every day x
  • I use bare minerals, I'm not sure if the coverage would be what you're looking for.

• Thanks Ladies written them all down and will be going too look for them when I am in town! Thanks!

• I would ask for samples so you can try them at home

• I also wear the Estée Lauder Double Wear Light and it's fab, have been using it for about 3 years now. It provides great coverage without looking too 'made up'. It also lasts ages.

• No 7 for me, stay perfect I think its called.

• Big fan of Estee Lauder Double Wear, but at the moment I am quite liking Rimmel Lasting Perfection.

• I use Clinique perfectly real as have quite blotchy skin from acne in my younger days. Gives nice coverage while still looking natural

• I have been using Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation for a few years now and I still love it. Great coverage without looking cakey, it's all natural, paraben free, and doesn't clog my pores no matter how hot and humid it is. I also use their amazonian bb cream which I really love but it's less coverage. I usually use this when I do more of a contoured look so I apply highlighter/concealer more than I would with just the foundation. I've also read that CoverGirl Trublend is really good, but I can never seem to pick the right shade when I don't actually try it out like you would at a makeup counter.

• Oh! and I also use Clinique's Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector (before I apply my moisturizer) every morning and night and it does wonders on me. It is pretty expensive, and it's the first dark spot corrector I've used so I would like to see what other ones out there work just as well...but it does do an amazing job and has lasted forever so the money is worth it!

• I use the estee lauder double wear foundation too, and use estee lauder camoflague foundation as a concealer for better coverage (although i'm gutted that they've change the colour shades and doesn't suit me as well now :-( x

• i love Tarte's face products! Anything made with amazonian clay is amazing.....I have both their foundation and bb creme. I wish I could afford getting Chanel foundation regularly but 50+ is just a little ridiculous to me.

• I have read this thread with interest as I have come to the conclusion I have reached the age where I need to wear makeup.

• I realised I never came back to this... I have tried Maxfactor Ageless elixir 2 in 1 foundation and serum and I am really happy with it :)!

Thanks for your recommendations!

• Is the coverage good Chocolate Cupcake? I have brown age/sunbed/hormone spots on my cheeks along with acne scars. And does the serum in it make it greasy?

• I find the coverage quite good.. But I am no expert at applying it haha! I don't find it greasy (Well I have never noticed that it's greasy)

Just another point I was watching something yesterday and it showed a girl with awful acne and scars doing her make up on youtube ... will see if I can find it again but she used a product called Vichy Clermablend(?SP) Ultra corrective stick it's a bit pricy £19.00 but it looked fab it covers birthmarks and acne scars and tattoo's I might look at getting some.

Going to go look for the video now lol

• I saw that on Embarrassing Bodies! It was on my to do list today to google it so thanks for the link :-)

I bet that stick lasts a while though for £19!