Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Gradual tanning creams

Does anyone use these?

I've ditched the fake tan and have been using the Dove light gradual tanning lotion. It's giving a nice sun kissed look (could be darker but that's my hang up) but it tends to cling to my shins and I can never get a colour to stay on the back of my hands - through washing I suppose.

Any tips on application?

Replies

• This probably sounds silly as the gradual tan you are using is a moisturiser in itself, but the reason why its sticking to your shins is because the skin is dry and therefore the tan sticks to that area. You need to make sure you exfoliate and moisturise your shins before applying the tan. As for your hands, as you say that is due to washing your hands, anytime your skin is in water i.e taking a shower etc, it will start to wear off the tan. There isn't much i can suggest for that problem as you want to continue good hygiene.

I always rate St tropez, it gives a lovely natural tan but also comes in different intensities, light to medium and medium to dark. Obviously St Tropez does cost a bit more. Its just a case of finding something that works for you and your comfortable with.

• MS I'm the queen of fake tan, I exfoliate and moisturise regularly. The skin isn't dry, it's like sticking to my bone Laugh

Does the St Tropez gradual give you the same result regular St Tropez does as I'm stepping away from that dark tan look.

• I'm not sure why thats happening then Belle. St Tropez gradual tan is a little lighter than regular St Tropez, so just like any other gradual tan you can build it up to your desired colour.

• Think I'll give it a whirl then. Cheers!

• Also i like the "St Tropez everyday mousse" best as its really easy to apply and i find im less likely to get any streaks or lines. If you've got a tanning mitt then use that if not then id recommend getting one, i use the solyan mitt from boots and you can just wash it out after each application to re-use. Oh and St Tropez is on 3 for 2 at boots at the moment.

• Of course I've got a tanning mitt. I go through them like a normal person goes through cotton wool!

• Haha, thought you might say that.