Forum home General Chat General chat

Half term

Who has half term this coming week?

Replies

• Son is no longer at school so despite 13 years of being in the school system I have zero idea of when half term is!

We're having a staycation in Nov though :D

• Yes it's half term for mine this week. Pity I'm working most of it, they are off to their grandparents at the coast for a few days leaving me behind. Not sure what I'll do in such a quiet house.

Have a few things planned for the end of the week, hoping to get up to see the poppies at the Tower of London, my parents went on Saturday and said it was heaving. Was going to buy a poppy for my Nan but they've sold out!

• It's half term for us this week.  We've had a busy weekend so having a chill out day today.  Kids have just gone out too play so I've got peace and quiet for now.

Tomorrow we are taking the kids swimming, Wednesday E is going to her friends and J to my mams while we are at work, going to my mams again on Thursday, then Friday we are having a Halloween party from 4pm so will be carving pumpkins and decorating the house, really looking forward to it.

• Counter it must be a weird feeling not being tied to school holidays. A staycation  sounds nice, it is always good getting the right work life balance.

Sorry you are having to work Sshh I am sure your children will have a great time at the coast with their grandparents. I also recon you will get far more done with them away.  Going to see the poppies at the Tower of London sounds awesome. I would have loved to see them but it isn't really practical for us as H has mobility issues and I wouldn't want to go on my own with our son.

Snow White, swimming is always good. Hope the Halloween party goes well. We have tried pumpkin carving in the past and I tried to make something with the left over pumpkin it didn't taste very nice.

Last Saturday we had our School of Rock and then went to a Sikh first birthday party, (colleague from work's son). It was amazing loads of food, whisky on the tables!!! and the music was sooo loud. On Sunday we went over to SIL and all the grandkids made Christmas pud with Nana. It was awesome. I have got myself a second hand bike just over a week ago and so rode to the park and met H and son. I then went riding round the park with my son on his bike. We are meeting up with a friend on Wednesday and all are going to the cinema. On Friday son has a party.