Forum home General Chat General chat

Help - runny cheesecake!

Tongue Tied

I made a mars bar cheesecake yesterday afternoon to take to my friend's for dinner today and the sodding thing hasn't set. I don't think I used enough gelatine. It's been in the fridge overnight and is not runny anymore but I won't be able to cut into it as the mixture will just splodge and collapse. What can I do to salvage this? If I freeze it will it then just be frozen rather than set?? can I somehow make something else out of it?? I have a back up pudding from the patisserie but it's not really enough for seven people and no shops open today.

Replies

• Could you put it into a bowl and says its a gateaux? I'm not very good at knowing what to do with cheesecakes sorry I'm not much help x

• I scooped out the mixture, put more gelatine in and put it back in the fridge but it's not much different and we have to leave in half an hour oops. Such a waste of mars bars.

• Oh no LB :( don't worry I'm sure the other dessert you have will be fine. I'd take the cheesecake anyway, can just be messy fun!