Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

holiday update for those interested

Bounce after lots and lots and lots of bloody messing round over the weekend which has seen flight go up in price Bang head my h has just phoned to say ITS BOOKED

slightly more than the £940 though its now £1004 but i still think thats fab for a family of 4.

so going to murcia on 16 aug, having to fly with ryan air now though as the jet 2 prices rocketed  Bawl which im dreading, but im hoping that wine will help with that once at the airport Laugh

ok, so now time to sew my mouth up in preparation for 'operation' bikini

Replies

• Yay that's fab, good for you. I was thinking about you the other night when we jokingly priced up haven in Ayr for July and it was £1100 for the week!! So wondered if you'd gone for it, still sounds à great deal even if it is Ryanair! It'll be so fab, sunshine yay

• YAY! where is murcia?

• I actually prefer Ryan air to the other budget airlines. Get on the wine, and it'll be fine. Is that self catering?

• murcia is about an hour from alicante, have you heard of la manga? its where the england football team trained a few years ago.  well its around there.

yes self catering, its a town house, a lot of them have shared pools but luckily this has its own pool which is fab as i wasnt fussed about sharing a pool.  flight times are crap wont get there till 10pm so im going to ask them to do a mini shop for us as we will obvioulsy have my h and isaac who need to eat hourly [laguh]

• We used to go to Alicante, I always though it was very cheap to eat out.

Sounds fab!

• Great. What accommodation did you book? Link?

• Yay glad to hear its all booked! We'll be out there at same time.

• Sounds fantastic!  

• Sounds great and a good deal.

• Eek in Murcia belle?

I'm not sure where else its near actually, you can fly to alicante but the airport is an hour away, think benidorm is an hour 50 away.

• Don't Ryan air just try to squeeze every last penny out of you though?! Ud think a credit card charge is a one off charge as cards been used once but no 3 charges as 3 seats! Can't buy an extra seat for Isaac as not allowed so the little tubster will be being passed between h and I!

Ryan air offer extras for phones, £45 for a bag or £79 for a case that fits their hand luggage status, loads of extras! I actually hate giving them the money!

• It is really annoying. You think it's a decent flight price then have all the add ons!

• Glad it's all booked.  How lovely to have something exciting to look forward to.  Ryan air aren't actually too bad.  Mum and dad flew to Tenerife with them towards the end of last year, and they said the flights were much better than they expected.

• CP we stay near Guadamar so pretty close. We go to Torrevieja at least once - the funfair there is great! We've stayed in Murcia too, very moutainous, very pretty. We flew to Almeria that time and drove up.

Ryanair aren't that bad for actual flights although he's such a robbing bar steward I do try to avoid them at all costs. I didn't think they flew to Alicante anymore (must be the London - Ali route) as Micheal OlLeary refused to pay the increase in charges to fund the new airport.

• Wpw CP that is an absolute bargain for August! Can we see a link to the townhouse?

We're going to Scotland for a week end August and our house is costing more than that!!

• no link as iv not paid for it yet and someone might swoop in and pay it before i can pay it tongiht Laugh will post when sorted, man has provisionally booked it for us though.  x

• Oh good idea!! ;-) look forward to seeing it though when you've confirmed it!