Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I was feeling so positive

Things have been going quite well and I was feeling good so thought I would attempt my most difficult thing - the children's baby clothes. Had arranged where to take them and started to get thme in bags to go and have ended up getting over emotional about it again. Gutted. We were planning to try and have another baby in April 2014 so was supposed to be having my implant out in June 2013 - which obviously hasn't happened. Really need to get rid of this stuff and move on<sigh>

Replies

• Options

Please get rid of it. Please for your sanity. I think emotional things actually drain your energy. I know it sounds 'new age' but having all C's baby stuff packed up for my next imaginary baby, every time I thought about those boxes it was a physical reaction, like my knees almost gave way if I was standing. Its all gone now. It's not happening, I'm not having more children. I'm more focused ony current children growing up, that's how I feel.

I know we're not the same QI, plus you're younger than me, you could still meet someone else and have another baby. But it'll be a rich man who'll buy you loads of new stuff Smile

Time to let go xx

• Options

I feel so cold hearted compared to you QI.

As soon as both of my boys outgrew something, I got rid (apart from the outfit they came home in)

I'd start with a few items at a time if you have to, you'll feel a lot better once it's done.

• Options

Thank you all.

You are probably right Beez. I am going to text a friend to see if she can come over tonight to help me get the last of it out of the attic and get rid of it tomorrow.

AK My mum chucked everything, literally everything and they are child hood things I would ahve liked to have kept. Some days would come home from school to find she'd been through my bed room and chucked stuff, so I am possibly a reaction to that.

I don't keep everything. I have given some stuff away, it's jsut the 'better' bits that I thought I would use with another child.

I doubt I would ever be able to live with another man again. And honestly I think if I did have another child it would eb through adoption now.

• Options

I know what you mean about living with another man! I'd like to fall in love again but I don't think I could give up my own space.

• Options

Oh QI :-( I find it hard to part with the baby things as it is. I'm telling myself now that we simply don't have the space and we are 99% sure we are done. Plus if you ever do have another child wouldn't it be lovely to buy all new things as it would be a brand new start anyway?

• Options

Right have got EVERYTHING out of the attic. Unfortunately B is having a massive tantrum and has kicked off at seeing some of his old stuff that I'm getting rid of. He actually said, 'You said we were having another baby and this was for the baby. Why aren't YOU havign another baby?' He is in afull mood tonight, massively over tired. I've said I need a Daddy to have a baby with and as we haven't got one I can't have one at the moment. He is in the middle of a full blown tantrum screaming and shouting. I know it is because he is tired but I want to see this is why we won't be having another baby at the moment but it isn't anything to do with him.