Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I'm on a mission!!

I need to sell enough stuff to make £1000 to pay for a Mac book pro!

What can I sell (other than my body!) Laugh

what makes good money second hand? 

Does any one have a mac book? Are they easy to use and do word processing etc? 

Replies

• I have a MacBook, its about six years old now (I think) and I LOVE it, wouldn't go back to a Windows pc now although it did take some getting used to. So I'd def recommend. As to what you can sell...not sure! Try music Magpie for DVDs, games and cd sales, designer stuff always sells well on fleabay, kids clothes, old games consoles...depends what you've got really! Have you got old gold jewellery you could sell?

• Have you reclaimed any ppi you might have had?

• DVDs and Games you might get more taking them into CEx. H had priced up a load of stuff to send to Music Magpie but in the end we needed the money quickly so took them into town and got more! We also traded in my old Wii and DS Lite in Game on the same day. Made £100 on the lot which is really good as MM had quoted us the same with an XBox which we actually sold for £80 on eBay.

• Music Magpie or the cash convertor type places

Jewellery

Clothing on ebay/facebook/gumtree

Kids toys on facebook too

• The tail end of this year I sold a load of clothes on eBay that were ok but I knew I just wasn't going to wear again. I made about £200 after the fees.

Also selling bigger stuff like furniture etc on gumtree would be good

Best of luck

• Thanks ladies!

I think I will start with a major de clutter and see what I have that I can sell.

I will update you if I get any wear near £100 let alone £1000 Laugh