Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

If you could go back in time and change one thing in you life what would it be?

I think I'd take a year out before going to uni & travel for a year. I wish I'd had the confidence to do it at the time. I've travelled a lot since but a whole year would have been amazing. 

Replies

• I would have gone to a different university, then wouldn't have met either of my Ex.

• I'd have been more warey when OHs Dad came back into his life - would have made the last 18 months alot more bearable with a hell of alot less heartbreak and upset!

I genuinly don't think there is anything else i'd change in my life that i can think of

x

• I would choose a career path. I went to college not knowing what I wanted to do and just messed around for two years.

• That we didn't let William go [:-(]

• Oh CP that is heartbreaking to read [hugs]

I sometimes wonder what life would have been like if I had taken the advice of my uni tutor and applied to Oxford to do an MPhil. I'm sure I wouldn't have been accepted, but if I had then in all likelihood my life would have turned out very differently. BUT if I could go back and change that, I wouldn't. I like my life and the position we are in.

• Oh cp huge hugs from me.  You're one amazing lady.

I don't think I'd change a thing. I'm happy with how it's worked out even though at times I'd panic it never would.  I'm a big believer that everything happens for a reason.

• That we didn't rack up so much debt in the early days which would have resulted in having more money from house sales, resulting in savings which could have meant taking a few years off to bring up my kids instead of having to work full time.

• Nothing! I think any change in history would have a consequence and I'm very very happy with life as it is now.

• CP- Hug I'm so sorry lovely xxx

• Hug CP

That we had a proper honeymoon rather than going to florida with about 20 people.  I wish we'd have gone somewhere a bit more special just the two of us.

• Nothing. Things haven't always been ideal, but they worked out in the end.

An obvious thing, would be falling pg at 17. Was my idea of a nightmare at the time, but if I changed that, I wouldn't have C. If I hadn't had C, i'd have had no kids at all, so I wouldn't have my J either.

• I wouldn't have married my exH.  Deep down in knew we weren't loves young dream but i wanted it all and 2.4 children and i wanted it asap.  I should've just floated for a bit.  21 year olds don't need to have everything sorted.

• Hug CP. Oh I'm not sure, maybe saved before we moved out so we could have bought a house rather than rented?! Maybe fitted in a few more nice holidays, but tbh I'm happy with the way things have turned out!  PJxx

• Maybe travelled a bit more.

Been a bit more confident when I was in my 20s.

But nothing major.

• i wish i'd enver started at this job. i hate it more than anything and now im stuck til im back in january from maternity leave

• Cp, none of us would wish any pain on our children and that is why You did what you did. William couldn't have lived and you selflessly chose hurt for yourself before he felt any pain x

• Gone to university.

Gone on a girls holiday.

• I wish I could have stopped the horrible experience that led to me losing my first son. If I could back back and change it somehow and speak up or something or kick up a fuss and get them to do something and then it wouldn't have happened and he would have been born how he should have and be here. But I guess it's hard to say whether my life would have continued down the path it did afterwards with my other two. And I can't wish them away, it's a hard one.

• not met the ex hubby and had a career

started a family sooner not leaving it as late as this

oh and joined this site befire tiday

• This is a tricky one because I'm sure those changes would have consequences and despite what has gone on, I am very happy now. I think what I would change would be not pretending that my exH and I just reached the end of the road, but admitting to everyone who cares about me that he left me for someone else. I struggled so much with that secret. And I wish I'd divorced him in the first place instead of waiting out the two years and being in a position now where I am still tied to the nobber and now have to wait a further four months for him to get home from Afghanistan before  can get the ball rolling. I want to be divorced before my baby is born and I can't see that happening now. I can see him being a twat.