Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Inspire me - lunches/dinners

What are your favourites, include recipes where you can!! I need to shake up what I am eating as getting a bit bored at the moemnt.

Replies

• Lunches I struggle with, usually jacket potatoes or soup as I try to avoid bread

Dinners, I try to use our slow cooker quite a bit, we do beef goulash, beef stroganoff, chicken curry, sweet and sour pork, chicken and chorizo jambalaya, chicken and chorizo stew, cottage pie, lasagne, pasta bakes, salmon potatoes and veg...on phone so can't link to recipes but if there's any you want I'll be on laptop later and can post links x

• I will be of no inspiration to you whatsoever!

• I want to live with you weekender!!! I need inspiring too - I normally grab a cookbook and pore over them to check new things out, but rarely stray from what I normally cook!

• We go through phases of trying a new recipe a week to keep it different.

I can't link to recipes but there are loads on the delicious magazine website.

Recent meals include: beef casserole, salmon gnocchi bake (salmon, leeks, philadelphia, gnocchi), cod in tomato sauce with capers and olives, lemon pesto risotto with baked field mushrooms (make basic risotto at the end stir in pesto and grated lemon and parmesan. Then put a spoonful of pesto in each field mushroom and grill them), paella, homemade veggie soup, sausage casserole.

• My favourite source of inspiration is BBC Good Food, website and magazine.

Lunches we tend to do soup once a week, tomato, leek and potato and Delia's broccoli and cream cheese are current favourites - the children call that one dragon soup as it's green like dragons. Jacket potatoes and sardines are a favourite, or quiche and beans / sweetcorn when we need something quick. I also love quesidillas, with various fillings

Our standards include curry - either a tomato based one that I make up with whatever veg and meat we have, or a korma made with cream and yoghurt, that I usually serve with this www.bbcgoodfood.com/.../pumpkin-spinach-and-black-bean-dopiaza

bolognaise type things (spag bol, gnocchi, lasagne), fish pie, tuna pasta bake, roast, risotto, casseroles, sausages - toad in the hole perhaps or sausage and bean casserole - or this

www.bbcgoodfood.com/.../catherine-wheel-cobbler

When we eat without the children we have thai curry or stir fry veg & meat cooked with Chinese five spice and soy sauce which we have with noodles.

With the children we like doing fajitas - the children call this 'hot wraps' and love choosing their own fillings - pizza - we make the dough base and then the children choose their own toppings.