Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

is this weird?

been talking to my mum and hubs about christening the baby.   my mum (and i on occasion) still go to the same church i got married in the first time - i.e. not to hubs, father of my unborn child.  exH was never religious and hasnt set foot in the building since, so i view it as my church.  new hubs has never been as he's not religious.

mum wants us to have the christening there.  it makes sense, we know the priest, its the church ive been to since i was a child and ive not been to my new local church as idont like going on my own.  if i was to have bubs christened at a new church id have to go loads alone, and get to know a new priest.

is it weird to christen my baby at the church in which i married my ex?  hubs isnt bothered and says it's only weird if i make it so.

Replies

• I can totally see why you feel a bit strange about it all, but i don't think its strange. Its a church that you know and have been goiong to for whatever reason, i don't see why you cant have your christening there. But if you feel totally weird about it all then do what you feel is right for you x

• Thanks x.  Tbh I think I just really want the baby christened and this seems the most stress free way of doing it.

• Then you know what to do :)

Im sure when the time comes you wont even think about what you are worrying about and you'l have a lovely day!

x

• like your hubs says its only weird if you make it weird. make it your church where your child was christened