Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Its been a long month.....

Financially as well as many other reasons!!

I know January is always a struggle as we all get paid early and spend it before new year lol...then have to wait 6 weeks to be paid...but also this month we had to pay two months mortgage as we just moved, on top of setting up the gas/water/electric/tv license/sky etc and the cost that come with that.

We are skintamundo!! Tomorrows pay day can't come quick enough!!!

Replies

• i got my last maternity pay on 20th of Jan (£521) and get paid....feb 28th. that is gonna be a long while haha

• Our work are actually really good, we get paid before Christmas then they pay us early in January too with the thinking that February is such a short month it helps people get back on an even keel to get it slightly early in Jan

How's the new house Munchkin?

Twink, maternity pay sucks!

• Some maternity pay is better than none :)

We are lucky to and get paid the 26th of every month which helps

• Weekender....its amazing!! Its a slow process of filling it up though as don't have a lot of spare money to buy furniture to make it homely...but that will come in slow time. Love the area, its so quiet which has taken a bit of getting used to but yeah its all good xxx

• January has gone on forever, the weather has been horrible, we've had nothing going on so I'll be glad to see the back of it.

Moneywise it hasn't been so bad as H gets paid on the 21st of every month.

• It's been such a long month!

• I get paid on the 24th so it doesn't seem as bad - but did have to pay for my annual season ticket which did make a serious dent in things.

• Moneywise we've been ok, but it's still been a long month.  I feel like I've had a cold for the whole of it, and generally feel run down.  Roll on summer!!

• It's been rough. I've borrowed from my son!!!

• Thankfully we were paid last week and OH was owed some holiday money because they brought days off him which meant our christmas debt is wiped.  Now just save save save for everything else!

• Been a long month here too and expensive with h turning 6 last saturday, but we got paid today which is a relief! Thank gawd it's only a 4 week month and no council tax either this month! I love February :-)

• This month has seemed really long.

Luckily, H doesn't get paid early in Dec, so money wise we're OK. It has just felt dull, thanks to the rubbish weather stopping me doing as much with my boys as I would have liked.

Still thankful it is payday tomorrow though. H get his first bonus, so we can finally pay some bills off, and hopefully get a new sofa.