Forum home General Chat General chat

Laptops

My laptop died a couple of weeks a go so we need a new one.  

Has anyone bought one recently?  What do I need to look for when buying a new laptop?  We only had the last one 2.5yrs.

Replies

• Tbh, we were going through them at an awful rate and just haven't replaced for a year or two since the last broke. So I'm useless sorry!

• Wss, we have had 3 laptops and they have all lasted about 2 years, all v good makes too. Iv heard lap tops do have short lifespans

We have just ordered a Macbook as I. Desperate for one for my course work x

• What's a macbook cp?

• Iv no idea, my h just told me he'd sort me one out. It might not even be a mac book Laugh its a mac something lol

• My sentiments exactly Cp,ROTFL I would not know where to begin!

• Erm have googled MacBook and its not that as they are about £1500 LaughEek, def not one of those. It is a mac though but no where near that price, god only knows what it is. But the mac book looks fab doesn't it!

• Well my budget won't stretch to one of those ha ha.

• I also go threw laptops like there is no tomorrow I have a desktop Pc now, It's a little bit of a pain to have to sit at a desk, but I haven't had any problems with it overheating on my charger breaking etc.. might be worth a look at one?

• Laptops, net books etc end not to last, although H saved the current netbook by installing a solid state drive and linux when it died. We have a proper PC for all proper computer work as just a better for photo editing, wondows work etc and more durable

• How much are you looking to spend?

One of my friends got this Dell laptop the other week, it's good for the price (£400) www.currys.co.uk/.../dell-inspiron-15r-5521-15-6-laptop-silver-21427855-pdt.html

I work in IT and Dell supply our laptops/computers. If something goes wrong they are usually very good at fixing it. Agree on the SSD too, if you can get one pre fitted then do it, so much quicker.