Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is this woman completely insane? or is it me?

Just had a look on indeed jobs in my area, and I was scrolling through the pages and I came across a woman advertising for a babysitter for a couple of mornings and afternoons a week to "give her a break from her sweet angel" I was reading the advert with an open mouth, it turns out she's never left the baby with anyone (the baby girl is 10 months old) and she's advertising for any Tom, *** or Harry to look after her baby? Sorry but is this not totally wrong on every level or am I just old fashioned or something? I mean any old weirdo could get close to her baby ffs.

Replies

• Options

No, I'm with you on this.  I wouldn't want just anyone looking after my children.  I appreciate that you might need a break from your children, but surely you'd ask someone you know first?

• Options

I see this all the time on FB for sale sites!  It always winds me up!

• Options

I'm glad it's not just me, would you believe I found another advert for a couple advertising for someone to babysit their 8 year old son and 7 year old daughter, they wanted to go out for the evening and said they might come back a bit tipsy! (yep, it's true) What planet are these people on for crying out loud? They're making it so easy for possible paedophiles it's ridiculous.

• Options

Even if you don't have family/close friends who could look after you think you'd go through a childcare website or use a friend of a friend or something!

• Options

That is mental. Why would you let some random look after your kids?!?!

• Options

She's insane. Why doesn't she just leave them outside on the street with a sign on them while she's at it.....! Lunatic - stuff like this drives me nuts!