Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Mummy Fails...

Can't get time off for C's Sports Day this morning. He cried when it was time to go and he realised he'd have to have lunch with his teachers because I wouldn't be there for the parents lunch. First one I've missed in years Sad

Then little C threw a strop when I dropped him into nursery, had to be peeled from my leg by his teacher so I could leave. He was fine right after I left, stayed and listened at the door...but still.

Today is #mummyfail day!

Replies

• what a horrible start to the day for you,  hope your day gets better!

• It is horrible when you can't make it to school events. I have also felt bad when I have been able to go and others haven't, seen gutted children a number of times. Sometimes there are things we can't make and although our children are sad when that happens deep down our child knows we care. Have a hug and see if you can get your son to talk about his sports day.

• Oh dear Shhh. I do hope your day gets better.  Like Winterflower says, they know deep down that you care.  I hope they have a good day and you'll hear all about it this afternoon!

• Ach I know he'll be fine, I just feel bad that I missed it - maybe we'll have a mini sports day in the garden when I get in later.

Thanks ladies Hug

• I can never get time off work for children's events at school so without realising it I am failing all the time!