Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Party bags

I don't want to buy a load of tat or too many sweets (I will put in some smarties and a lolly or something), what could I put in there that may actually get used? I thought of a book but I don't know where to bulk buy books here plus I'd need english and French and it's too complicated as some parents are neither so I'd have to decide what language to give them.

Replies

• That's tricky. Maybe some colouring pens and a notepad? TBH I'd just do the sweet thing for ease.

• Just embrace the Tat Laugh  

I hate doing lots of sweets too.

What about stickers or a little craft set?

• Helium balloon?

• You could do

Notebook/funky pencil/pencil crayons

Sweet Cone

Gingerbread man in a cellophane wrapper

Colouring book/crayons

Plastic cup/mug  filled with Chocs/sweets

Mini plant pot with a packet of seeds/sweets

Wooden bracelet/necklace for the girls

Hot wheels (or the like) car for boys

Lego mini figure

That's all I can think of so far

When is the party? Do you have a theme?

• Some good ideas, thanks. I'll see what I can find in the shops.

• A while back Tesco used to do mini playdoh sets - 2 little tubs of playdoh and a press, I think for about 80p.  They went down pretty well.  This year I did lunchboxes to double up as party bags - as well as their food they had a little bag of biscuits, and a dinosaur egg full of slime

A favourite we has for Ethan was a little plant pot.

• I bought some multi packs of craft from Yellow Moon and put them in. One was "make your own owl pompom" . Depends on the age of the children though.

• Hmm I could go down the crafty route if I see anything.

• A whoopie cushion went down very well with my daughter from one party.

• Ah why didn't I think of whoopee cushions? Hours of fun! Will see if I can bulk buy.