Forum home General Chat General chat

please share your easy-peasy cheesecake recipes (or other easy/cheap dessert)

My parents are coming for lunch NYday and I need an easy and cheap dessert , I can only think of cheesecake! 

Can't have berries or other fruits in. 

Thanks! 

Replies

• Can it be fruit flavoured?

<looks around for Bag of Bones>

• I always make a baileys cheesecake - if you type it into google and use the bbc recipe. It's no cook and really easy. You could substitute baileys for chocolate, coffee or lemon if you wanted non alcoholic. Hope that helps.  

• I always do the mango and white chocolate one from the Philadelphia website, although I don't bother with any fruit! Takes about 20 mins to put together and only a couple hours to set.

• I made this one for Christmas day, very simple and soooo tasty!

ETA - might help if I added the link, d'oh!

http://justaddeggs.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/malteser-cheesecake.html?m=1

• Rusty
    <looks around for Bag of Bones>

How about the world's easiest cheesecake recipe? Lime Cheesecake. No actual cheese involved but so easy it's untrue..... will look for (v. short) recipe now.

• 200g digestive biscuits

50g softened butter

- crush together or blitz in a food processor & then spread into a 23cm springform flan tin then chill in the fridge

Juice & zest of 4 limes

297g sweetened condensed milk

300ml double cream

- whisk with an electric whisk (if you have one) until thick and creamy. Pour into the tin then chill for 30 mins or until set.

Copyright Sharrington :-)

• Make that one. It's the dogs!

• Ooh fab thanks, my mouth is watering.

Just had a thought though, my H is not meant to eat any wholemeal products and that would be digestives.. anyone done a shortbread cheesecake base?

• I have just looked back at all the other ones too and they sound gorgeous. I can't decide! I love lime though so it may have to be your lime one, BoB.

He can have fruit flavour just not pieces of fruit.

Yes I'd love the choc cheesecake recipe too pls MM!

• We've done the lime one for years andits always a huge hit.