Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Restaurants and salads

Is it just me, or is it really hard to get a salad in a restaurant!? When we went to New York I loved the domes you could get at the salad stalls where you got to choose what you wanted in the salad and which dressing etc, and they made it all up. I always struggle to find nice salads when I'm out, there is always an ingredient that ruins it or puts me off!!

Replies

• There are more and more places popping up in London now for this kind of pick your own ingredient salads. Shop brought ones either have something I don't like in them or are loaded with calories!

• They are getting more popular like our fav eh Neen ? There is a tossed at Bluewater now too.

• I rarely eat a salad out though - the whole point to me of going out is eating what I want, which is rarely a salad!

• I love a good lunchtime salad out if I can get one. They always have more variety of bits than I would typically keep in the fridge at home iykwim!

• You'd love vital ingredient then hon. Check out their website. You choose a base 1 meat or fish then 4 deli and a dressing. Munch!!!

• Sounds lush, although doubt there is one in our classy manor belle lol xxx

• Pizza express salads are nice. they do (or did) and nice chicken and goats cheese one . A few years ago they did a lovely pesto/mozarella one but stopped doing it. Though I always want pizza when I go there now so never have salad anyway!