Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

School Starters!

Hey all, just wondered how your little ones were getting on settling in at school? 

C has taken to it like a duck to water, though he is already complaining of being bored which I don't think is helped by the 3 hour settling sessions. He's used to being at pre-school 8-5 and can't work out why he's doing such short days! This week he's staying for lunch and then next week he's in full time so hopefully something will catch his attention by then.

Sent him in with a packed lunch today, I know they all get free school meals now but I wasn't hearing very good things about them from other parents. Might give them a try later in the term when things have settled a bit. 

I've not found it as horrendous as I thought it would be, actually enjoying a little bit of quiet time at home...never thought I would!

Will see if I can upload a photo.

Replies

• Options

Glad he's doing well and you're enjoying some time alone!

Jacob has been full time since day one and is doing really well. He's shattered by about Thursday but coping well considering. They started phonics last week and he seems to be really keen to learn, hope it lasts! He's enjoying hot lunches which is good and is still equally hungry in the evenings. I need to get on to sorting stuff out for school for his speech and language so must do that this week.

• Options

C is settling in really well, today is his first full day he stayed for school dinners last week and really enjoyed it.

he has been quite grumpy and short tempered at home but I was kind of expecting that what with the tiredness and changes.