Forum home General Chat General chat

Seeing a band at the O2 - a wwyd?

There's a band that H and I really like and after seeing them live at V Festival we saw they were playing at the O2 which is actually really close to us. During the presale I managed to get us standing tickets which are right in front of the stage but you could potentially be really far back. Panicking a bit the next day they went on general sale and I'd said to H I'd see if I could get the seated tickets I'd tried for the day before and then we could decide what to do and sell one of The pairs. I managed to get the block I wanted which is right over the stage. We are still totally undecided which ones to keep so good people of mum drum I'm asking your opinion on what you think you'd do. The band are Two Door Cinema Club so it's music that normally we'd jump about to which makes me think standing but the idea that we could be giving up really good seats and see nothing standing (I'm tiny!) as I don't know how the standing thing works there, I've only ever done seated. 

Help! 

Replies

• I've done seated at the o2 and would recommend, although I've not done standing to compare. o2 isn't that big so although standing is further forward you aren't actually that far away in the seated. we went to see bon jovi and everyone stood up in the seated bit and jumped about, just with the added bonus of not being squashed or stuck behind really tall people as you're in rows. tbh you're looking at the stage anyway so we soon forgot we were in rows rather than in a mingled crowd.

• I've done seated before on the opposite block to the ones I've got this time so I know it's decent seats. I guess my question is more about atmosphere, I know we'd usually dance to them so do I want to be sitting?

• Without a doubt I'd stand and dance, you HAVE to at a concert! Floor tickets all the way!

• We saw basement jaxx there and were seated,it killed me!!so wanted to be amongst it all and dance!!

• I'd stand too. Therell be big screens to look at and if you want to jump about you won't be watching much anyway

• If you know you're going to be wanting to jump around then standing!

• I've had seats at the o2 and stood for most of the concert. If you're small you might actually get a better view being at the back of the standing that you would in the middle of it because there's normally more room towards the back.

I might go for standing.

• As long as your seats aren't up in the gods you can stand easily... Have you checked if they are having the stage at the front? When I saw robbie there last

November he had the stage in the middle so Standing was awesome!!

• The stage is at the front, the seats I have are in block 112 so right over the side of the stage. I guess we could try and get there mega early for the standing.... It's going to cost me a bloody fortune in babysitting!

Thank you for all of the replies!

• I've seen a few people at the O2, been seated a couple of times but much prefer standing to get the atmosphere.  Even standing at the back I can still see (I'm short) and you are right near the bar! :-)

• Cool, thank you!

• I've stood at the O2 near the back and could still see ok with the screens. If its a favourite band I would definitely stand so you can have a good jump around, the atmosphere will be better which IME is better than a good view of them! Enjoy!

• When we saw them at V a couple of weeks ago we were three people from the front and we were (okay I was) jumping up and down the whole time. Think I'm selling myself now aren't I? At least the seated ones will sell easier as well.