Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

MrsB - you around??

Just wondering how your sis is getting on? If I'm right with timing, all her investigations should be done now?

Did they do the HSG and Lap for her? Hope she's ok! 

Replies

• Options

My very own shout out, I've not had one of those before!  Hi tayto

Thanks for asking. It's all progressing with my sister if a little slowly. She's now had all her bloods done. Her FSH/LH are all fine she should hear back about her progesterone one this week I think. They've each taken 3 weeks from test to getting results.

Something showed up in her chlamydia bloods. She's doesn't have it currently but has had it and from what I can gather I think they've detected some possible scarring or something related to having it in the past. Therefore they are by passing the HSG and have booked her in for the lap for which she has already had the pre op. She's now waiting for her op appointment to come through.

Her husband has finally had his SA Appoinment through for the Middle of April.

how are things with you? I do pop on occasionally and I did read abut your H SA results. I'm sorry he has had a very unhelpful reaction to it all. xx

• Options

Thanks for the update MrsB - how's she feeling about it? It's a shame it's taking so long - I'm still puzzled as to why it's been done on the reverse relative to ours. I've only just got the choose and book letter through even though we've had all the basic tests through already! That print off i posted on the original thread you had showed the man's SA as being the first port of call so I don't get why they've left it until nearly 10 weeks since her original app!

Things aren't great with us cos H really doesn't get that he needs to make changes to improve his count. I'm hoping the appointments I've to go through will make him realise he can help. Thanks for asking xx

• Options

Yes it strange. I think that it's just the length of the waiting list and that they're doing what the can with my sister in the meantime? not really sure.

Sis has also had her ultra sound which was normal, they decided not to do the HSG because it would show up the same results as the chlamydia bloods. They had a joint consultant appoinment booked for April but that has been postponed now until sis has had her op and she has the results.

She has her up and down days. most of the time she's pretty positive and just wants to know what the problem is so that they can finally get the treatment to help them.

Yes hopefully reality will set in then. It must be so frustrating and upsetting for you. xx

• Options

Maybe it's cos I'm so impatient; I don't do well with having to wait for appointments, results & the like!

I'm glad she's mostly positive; I'll have everything crossed for her for the op; hope all goes well & is followed with her long waited for BFP xxx

• Options

Just bumping this cos i thought i saw you around - how's things with your sis? Has her H's SA come back yet? Hope things are progressing for her xx

• Options
    Hi tayto

SA was on the 14th so expecting results any day now. Not heard anything from sis yet though. Recently I get the feeling that they're more worried or anxious as they don't seem to be in a hurry for results etc. they've got a 'well we'll just wait till they ring us' kind of attitude, whereas if it were me I'd be ringing up asap to find out results etc. 

shes still not had her op appointment through yet. 

How are you? x
  • Options

Completely forgot to reply to this! Sorry to hear she's still not had her op - surely that's the most important thing to get done although it's good to get the SA out of the way too. Hope it's not bad news for them and that they can do something for her.

Me, well, I'm better than the last time I posted - thanks for asking! H has improved in some ways with the whole ttc lark! We've a HyCoSy booked in for me and a repeat SA for H. If the results are the same or better, we keep trying for another year; if not, they'll bring us back for more investigations.