Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Spain car hire

Anyone else hiring this year? I'm just looking now and every website seems to have introduced an off site collection policy or added extra £££ for on airport collection Angry

H wants on airport as he thinks it's gonna be a faff but I refuse to pay an extra £50+ for something that was free last year!

Replies

• How far away is the collection point?  Could you get one to the airport and CW's H drives your H to collect it and you 1/2 the cost?

• Nah H is just being a d1ck. He'll want to collect on airport, I just think it's liberties they've added on these new charges.

• Do you drive abroad?

• No! I can just about drive here Laugh

• Ha, I was wondering (not you, me, I am the same), we have never hired a car abroad, but M would be fine, but not me

• Oh H loves a good drive. We need a car where the villa is anyway to get to shops / beach, but he's happy to do an hour up to Benidorm or down to Murcia. I think being in the car is wasting precious sun bathing time!

• Ha me too.

I went to Benidorm once and I am not posh in the slightest, but I hated it.  I went into a bar and they tried to serve me vodka from a plastic bottle!  Beach area is lovely though

• I've never been in a proper bar there. We've only been on the beach front bars - the beach is huge

• Beach is lovely.  I swam with dolphins there.  I think that I might look at there next year actually, loads for kids to do.  We went to Sticky Vickys as well ROTFLWeep

• OMG I went to Sticky Vickys in 2000! My mate and I went  Benni New Years Day. OMG is all I can say.

• tHOUGHT that you had never beed ROTFL

• It's just bloody came back to me. I was thinking I've never been served a drink in a plastic cup on the beach but then I remembered Millennium!

We were like grannies going bingo one night then hooked up with some dudes in a bar, I took a pill which gave me the sh!ts so bad I hd to leave my pants in the bin Weep OMG how can I have forgotten 2000 with K....

• Hahahahaha, I got soooooo drunk in Benners too.  It was the day before we flew back and we were out of the room at 12 and we didnt fly until silly o clock.  I was lying on the sunbeds and puking haha.  I remember peeing on the way home behind a bin as well in the dark.  OMG.  That must have been 10 years ago.

• I'm trying to think where we stayed cos when we drive there from Alicante we come in by the adventure park bit, and the bottom of the beach and stroll along. But we must have been right in the town when we stayed there - near a Burger King I think.

All class in bennidorm eh!

• I don't know where we stayed either, but the apartments were horrible lol.  We were down from the water park, walkable to the beach and the strip, opposite end from the old town

• i met h in benidorm on a club 18-30 Weep

iv seen sticky vicky but also juicy lucy who is the daughter too Laugh

no we arent hiring a car this year as so blooming dear, thats why we are going to murcia as literally everything within walking distance, although going to have to get friends neighbour to take us to aqua park