Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tassimo coffee makers and the likes

H and I are thinking of getting a Tassimo coffee maker, or something similar, save spending a fortune in Costa.  I remember a while back someone posted a deal for one and I think a few people bought them - how are they?  Would you recommend?  Advantages/disadvantages??

Help me convince H we need one Laugh

Replies

• No experience with Tassimo but we used to have a Nespresso machine at my old work so similar. The guys all had them at home and I'd bulk buy the capsules for them. Here we have a proper catering size coffee machine, with different options that uses beans or chocolate powder.

I don't actually drink coffee so can't comment on taste.

• Ha see i'd love one of the proper catering ones but think that'd be overkill Laugh  Nespresso was the other kind, couldn't think what it was called!  Sounds like they must be good though if all the guys were happy with them at your old place, didn't strike me as the type of people who would settle for second best?

• Keep your eye on hot deals and amazon. I got one for £40. I love it (but not enough to pay over £100 for it)

I did buy the costa latte discs but I now just get costa americano and put warmed milk in it and I think its nicer.

The tassimo site is ALWAYS out of stock for what I want as iv been trying to get L hot chocolate so I tend to buy on amazon

• I love my tassimo, but wouldn't pay full price for one.  I'm currently watching for deals to get one for my sister.

My favourite thing about it is that it doesn't just make coffee, it makes really nice hot chocolate and tea too.  Its so easy to use, and the coffee taste's great, we hardly ever bother going out to a cafe anymore, just have nice coffee at home instead.

N xx

• Nftfi what are the teas like? I wasn't sure what to try?

• I bought h a nespresso one recently for his birthday. You can only get the capsules from nespresso though, although recently some supermarkets sell pods which can fit into nespresso machines. I love it, we used to have one which used ground coffee but it took ages to use and a faff to clean. These literally take seconds and the pods come out in one piece so minimal cleaning.

• CP - I don't drink tea myself but H likes them, we only have English breakfast tea at the moment as we didn't think we would use them much, but I might have a look at what else is available and try some more.

• Mmm thumbs up from you then ladies! Must keep an eye out, cheers

• I don't drink coffee but I remember the posts about the offer before and seem to remember seeing it in Tesco on offer shortly after too, might be worth having a look there?

• Cheers Dd I'll have a look!

• My mum has a Dolce Gusto. She loves it! I always use it when I'm round there. She buys the big bottles of syrup that they have in Costa too. They last ages.

• We have a nespresso and love it - very compact, great coffee, good range of capsules