Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Teachers - why are our application forms such a PITA?!

There are two jobs I want to apply for this week, the only two that I've wanted over the whole year, and they are both so different, so long and taking FOREVER to complete.  I can't even use much of the first one (that's taken me all weekend) for the next one.  One of these jobs I really want - me and about 15 others at least it seemsTongue Tied- and the other I'm not entirely sure about but I'd like to give it a go, especially considering the one I really want I would be very lucky to even get an interview.

But the forms.... argh.  Frustrating as heck.

Replies

• Oh dear, I can't really help as I've been in my current post since 2005. They sound like forms worthy of the Krypton Factor.

• I'm in the same boat. Done one letter of application-no joy. Now working on my next two. So hard to clearly show you have fulfilled all the criteria, and tailor it to a specific job, when your evidence is pretty much the same whatever! Then if youre successful it's the whole day interview...

• If I get the one I really want I'm never moving jobs again!

• Raincloud it sucks doesn't it? The one I really want they come to my

School to observe me (how do you explain that to your colleagues in an open plan environment?!) and then interview the following day. Urgh. But if I get that far, I will be surprised. Too many applicants and not enough jobs around here

• Wow I've not heard of that before. What role is it?

• Round here the current thing is a two day interview - it is getting stupid. That's after the horrendously long application form. I have a look around a school after work on Friday. They want me to get there quickly to meet the kids - and this is before they decide whether to give me an application form!

• Before they even give you a form? Jeez!

Raincloud it's a only a 3 day early years job share with assistant head, but it's a part time, permenantly contract which is gold dust around here, hence why so

Popular. I'm v lucky to already have a part time perm contract where I am, but I dont like the place, and this job, in this school would be perfect.